“Fantastic - the "must" place in Laramie” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mad Carpenter Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Laramie
Mad Carpenter Inn
Ranked #2 of 4 Laramie B&B and Inns
DC
“Fantastic - the "must" place in Laramie”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2007

I am at the Mad Carpenter right now and could have written that July 11 review, as I agree with every word of it. I am here for a business meeting at the university and chose this place only because I dread the dorms! What a wonderful surprise to find a lovely, amazingly comfortable inn. The rooms are spotless and inviting, with all the amenities you could ask for. The owners are wonderful and make you feel like family (though never overbearing - they are obviously quite good at "reading" the guests and letting the guest set the tone). They are very professional - sent a confirming e-mail right away and when I wrote to confirm closer to my stay, responded immediately. The food smells and looks heavenly. I don't eat baked goods, so I can't say if they are as good as they smell and look, but other guests are enjoying them immensely. The gardens are especially lovely. The guest wants for nothing - the rooms have extra blankets, pillows, towels, shampoos, soaps, etc. Plenty of books, magazines, and other distractions. Laramie is a quiet little town that is probably best as a base for hiking in Medicine Bow, and this is the best place to stay in Laramie.

Stayed August 2007
2 Thank FlightDelayed

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Durham, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2007

This place is absolutely fabulous! The woodwork is great and was done by the owner. There is also some great ceiling work done by the owners' daughter. Great water garden outside where we enjoyed sitting. All made more interesting by the fact you could talk to the people who did the work. The house was recently converted to a B&B so they are fairly new. I would definitely return if I was in Laramie.

Walking distance to downtown Laramie in a beautiful tree lined neighborhood.

The innkeepers are quite nice and we enjoyed talking with them over breakfast at the bar next to the kitchen. There was also a table for slightly more private dining if that's what you desire.

I would say the breakfast was the best we've had at a B&B, but its probably a three-way tie so far. They were happy to accomodate special dietary requirements. They say continental breakfast on their website - maybe we were lucky and they don't always do this, but we got waffles, homemade baked goods, and more, and they made them vegan for us!

There is also a game room which we didn't have time to check out.

Very reasonably priced.