“What A WONDERFUL PARK TO HIKE CLIMB AND CAMP”
Review of Vedauwoo

Vedauwoo
Ranked #3 of 38 things to do in Laramie
Reviewed September 24, 2013

What a hidden Gem. I found out about this place from my niece who lives in Laramie. It is just few min drive on I-80 From Laramie. There is $5 per car day pass. There is also camping and climbing fee I believe. The place was cool and clean. What quiet place to walk. We went later in the afternoon so we did not have as much time to explore as we would have liked. You can camp it is to KOA pull through sites. It all looked clean. We saw other places it the the area that day but it was a totaly diffrent pallet here and well worth the short drive from Laramie and money to see.

2  Thank Paul D

Reviewed September 22, 2013

I vow to return one day and spend more time here. My husband and I took a lot of photographs, each one better than the last. The boulders, many as big as cars and even busses were unbelievable. It was September and a cloudy day, not many people here, but we liked that. There was a box in which to place the nominal park fee, no attendant on duty.

3  Thank iinadia
Reviewed September 18, 2013

The "hike" was not challenging nor particularly scenic. We enjoyed watcing the folks rock climbing. The rock formations were intersting.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

Vedauwoo has always been a place to enjoy nature from any which way, whether as romantic spot, rockclimber, winter cross-country skiing, introducing a child to nature's beauty.

As a college coed in the 70s, I was first introduced to the area by bicycle.

Over the years, it's been a meeting place for foreign students at the University of Wyoming, and a place to meet friends and family for picnicking, camping overnight, hiking, climbing rocks and scraping up knees and elbows, hugging an aspen, sitting around a campfire with the wind in the pines and enjoying a day in the west.

In the fall, the sunsets are beautiful, the airs is thin and incredibly fresh, and the wind nippy. Be careful to avoid sun-, and windburn.

In communion with nature, the tiny green snakes, toads, and beavers in the nearby pond carry on while humans explore the area. Jack pine and woodland and marshland flowers such as violets, Lady's slippers, mint, blue flag, black-eyed susies, and lavender purple lupine invite with their aroma and beauty to the sand blown rock formations, on the pale sagebrush and red soil landscape.

Local ranchers allow cattle grazing, and there are cattle guards at the entrance to the park, fenced typically in the Rockies with snow fences.

From atop the rocks, one can see for miles, on the hilly plains, the veins of colored aspen, pine, and a cattle herd or two in the far distance. One can watch the clouds form big puffy clouds for and afternoon summer thunderstorm that blows over, or the big western blue sky.

Vedauwoo is within easy driving of the interesting and largest state university in Wyoming at Laramie and its capital in Cheyenne on I-80, near the highest point of I-80 from east to west across the US.

3  Thank Engletina K
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Be sure to check out this rock-climber's paradise. You don't need to be a rock climber. There are plenty of lovely trails to explore by foot.

1  Thank caddisgirl

Been to Vedauwoo? Share your experiences!