“Needs some work”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

I was quite excited about the reopening, but will be waiting quite some time prior to returning. The entrance to the bar on 2nd looks like the main entrance, but there's literally no direction, signage or, heck, even a staff member to direct you through the bar and through the seating of the restaurant to the host stand. Once we were at the host stand, we stood there for a few minutes and upon finally being seated, the two of us were sat at a table for 6. I ordered the caprese panini (mozzarella, basil and tomato) with a side salad. It came and there was a very small amount of salad that comprised of wilted (not rotten, but less than fresh lettuce) and a panini that was way too flat! Upon eating the sandwich, I could barely recognize that there was ANY cheese. I even opened up the sandwich to confirm. There was a tony amount. The food took forever to get to us and the server took forever to check on us. By the time he did, our lunch HOUR was beginning to be stretched, but I did mention that there was a lack of cheese on this cheese panini. He asked if he could take it back to get another ( good service ). I said if they could make it on the fly, then yes. He said he would take it to the kitchen. In a few minutes he returned with my plate of a half eaten sandwich, the "salad" and a new addition, a bowl of mozzarella balls. Kind of strange. The server said since it seemed like I was running out of time they would just give me the extra cheese. Serious? I was charged for the full meal. I guess it was a good effort that went bad. I sure hope there are some changes soon or this whole project will be a bust.

1  Thank AVerPloeg

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Could not wait for them to reopen for drinks and food.. Went in, had one quick drink and left. No reason for me to go back. Lot better places to go to.

Since they moved, it is now more of a sports bar than a bar to visit in. Its loud and echoes, plain and sterile looking place, mixed drinks not as good, and very slow service (took me longer to get a drink than it did to drink it). Their menu, with four exceptions, is now basic bar food; 4 pages of appetizers, pizza, burgers, sandwiches.

1  Thank ScttLee
Reviewed October 7, 2013

We stop at the Library each year on our visit to Laramie. They moved out of campus town and are downtown Laramie. The brewery was still not open in their new location. The burgers are 1/2 pound and excellent. A variety of toppings to choose from. I had the BBB burger . Bacon, Brisket and barbeque. Onion rings to boot. The restaurant has a bit of a noise issue. So what, this is a college bar/restaurant. Give it a try.

1  Thank Goodscout
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I loved The Library when they were on Grand Ave. and frequented the restaurant quite often. I stopped in for lunch today with my husband. They weren't too busy...one big table of 6 and a few others with 2-3 people, most of whom already had their food. Our service was very slow from the start, all we had was water, ummm really? Took our waitress a good 10 minutes to come by & take our order. She was friendly, but not too motivated to move. Long story short, it took us 45 minutes just to get food on our table. What did we have you ask? A burger and side salad and a sandwich & soup!! We will NOT be returning! I don't enjoy spending my lunch HOUR (yes I only get 1 hour) waiting for my food. They just lost a loyal customer! Next time I will go across the street to Prairie Rose who has excellent burgers & sandwiches & service!!

2  Thank MrsSparkyGriswald
Reviewed October 7, 2013

So glad this establishment is back open. It was a Laramie staple at it's last location and I am confident it will be in its new location as well.

Excellent pizzas, and burgers. All cooked the way they should. I am excited to see some new menu options, but am not sure if I'll every stray away from my usual order. Can't wait for the house brews to be back on tap as well.

Will be back many times!