“Great Food and Atmosphere”

Altitude Chophouse and Brewery
Ranked #2 of 109 Restaurants in Laramie
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Altitude Chophouse and Brewery focuses on hand crafting a high quality chophouse fare, created through culinary techniques and fused with Western Heritage. We take great pride in our hand crafted beers, along with our many numerous dietary options including Vegetarian and Gluten Free. We have a modernized and warm environment which is good for families, parties, and individuals. Friendly staff, good food, and great beer!
Reviewed June 12, 2014

The food and brews are amazing at this place, I have yet to try something that I did not like. The prices are very reasonable for what is being served and the beer prices add a cherry on top of the entire experience. The pool tables in the side room make for a great post dinner session to allow for additional time at the joint if you're not ready to call it quits on their green chile beer.

Reviewed June 10, 2014

Looked on Tripadvisor for restaurants in the Laramie area and decided to try Altitude. What an excellent choice. I have eaten ribeye steak from Alaska to Texas, even paid $50.00 for a ribeye in Chicago at Harry Cary's. The ribeye at Harry Cary's was horrible. The was the best Ribeye I have hever eaten! It had a coffee and paprika rub. There wasn't taste of coffee on the steak. It came with fried Yukon gold potaotes and a cream sauuce. The sauce was excellent and I used it to dip my dip steak in.
We also had the beer battered pepper jack cheese sticks served with ranch dressing, AWESOME! You have to try them when visiting Altitude. The weren't real spicy. I can't wait to go through Laramie again. I will definitely stop here to eat.
The price of the meal per person without drink or appetizer is less than $20.00 plus tax.

Reviewed June 9, 2014

Such a nice surprise in Historic downtown Laramie. The food was great and a bargin for the quality. They have a nice variety of beers and the atmosphere made for a nice dinner.

Reviewed June 8, 2014

Great variety of brews on tap. All were excellent, especially the coffee alt beer--fantastic! The Cobb Salad was the best salad I'd had all week. Fresh with good variety. The restaurant and bathrooms were clean and pleasant. Good atmosphere for families or friends.

Reviewed June 6, 2014

We like to try local breweries so we thought we'd give Altitude a try on the first night of our ten day road trip through WY & Yellowstone. The beer was ok but the food was fantastic! My only complaint is that we compared every meal of our trip to our meal at Altitude and nothing really compared! My entire family agreed that the burgers might be the best we ever had (and we ate alot on this road trip!) and are locally sourced (as were many of the items on the menu). One of my kids had the pizza and it was great too. Our server was knowledgable and friendly. No complaints other than the beer was a bit warm. Great, fresh food in Laramie!