“A nice change, and beer to boot”
Review of Sweet Melissa Cafe

Sweet Melissa Cafe
Ranked #1 of 114 Restaurants in Laramie
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed October 18, 2012

While living in Laramie for many years, the decision to eat at Sweet Melissa's was basically "Do I want to eat healthy, or go some place that has beer". Happily, that issue was removed in recent years when they opened the bar next door that has a variety of nice regional microbrews on tap. In addition, they have food offerings that stay true to their vegetarian roots while fitting what people want as bar snacks. I go to Sweet Melissa's when I want a good falafel, or when I have a peckish for baba ganoush. They do an awesome baba g, served warm with pita. In the bar my wife and I like to order the sliders- healthy as always, but really satisfying.

I'm not a vegetarian, but Sweet Melissa's fills a very important roll in our town by having very good vegetarian food AND BEER!

Reviewed October 16, 2012

Sweet Melissa's has a very creative approach to vegetarian food with so much more than simple cold salads on the menu. There are a lot of Italian offerings without meat and I recall the lasagna was very good. You will also notice that its clientele is mostly, if not entirely, female, often with some connection to the nearby university as students or faculty. Service is prompt and friendly enough, but if you dine alone you may feel a bit cut off from companionship without a bar or lunch counter. The dining area is clean and nicely furnished, but outside views are exclusive for the few tables right up front.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

We checked into a dirty motel and were ready to get the heck out of Laramie when we stumbled upon this place. We arrived early (5pm?) and were immediately comforted by the clean, cozy atmosphere, and delicious drink menu. I had apple ginger sangria and my friend had a basil raspberry mojito-- Yum! They had a great cocktail list and looked like they had a bunch of tasty brews, too. I don't usually like reubens, but the waitress recommended it, so I got that-- awesome choice. It was a veggie reuben, grilled to perfection. Yummmmmmm. My friend got chili tacos w/ avocado on the side (perfectly ripe). For dessert we got fried banana bread w/ ice cream and maple syrup. The whole menu looked great, the waitress was super nice, and there was a good crowd (couldn't believe how full it was for a weeknight!). My friend usually wants meat at every meal, but she was super satisfied as well. Thank you, Sweet Melissa, for being one of the best meals of our road trip and for welcoming two homesick Bostonians.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

This restaurant has fresh, delicious offerings. I am a vegetarian, and it is a rare pleasure for me to find a restaurant that suits all my needs. My partner is an omnivore, and he said he'd return here anytime. We both had Mexican entrees, and we agreed that both were excellent. We then ordered the fried banana bread with walnuts and ice cream--it was incredible! We may visit Laramie more often just to go to Sweet Melissa!

Reviewed September 27, 2012

Lunch, dinner, doesn't matter. If you like hearty, local, basic flavors and understand that your are not in a big hurry depending on the time/date.... you will leave happy, healthy and well fed. We have eaten here in mid summer, during hectic football season, and the veggie fare is consistent, creative, and satisfying over 5 visits - and we are from a VERY picky east coast city. Would rate them over ALL of our local restaurants. Period.