“Great atmosphere; close to campus; good sandwiches”

Turtle Rock Coffee & Cafe
Ranked #3 of 9 Coffee & Tea in Laramie
Cuisines: American
Reviewed December 9, 2013

This is a cool, funky coffeehouse right across the street from the university campus. Wide selection of tasty, filling sandwiches, baked goods, gelato. Friendly staff. Coffee above average. Prices far more reasonable than the overpriced coffeehouses on Grand. Only minor critiques: used cheap chocolate syrup rather than good chocolate powder (like Ghirardelli) in my mocha; also, Wi-fi was from CenturyLink and so was slower than ones that use faster providers. Overall among the best coffeehouses I have found in Laramie and obviously popular because parking lot was full.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

Visited this on an evening for coffee. Menu was fairly extensive for food but did not need to eat. My wife ordered a caramel apple cider which seemed ok, nothing more than store bought apple cider and caramel sauce. I wanted a cappuccino; this caused the wheels to fall off. I noticed that the menu had latte -12oz, 16oz, 20oz prices and directly underneath 12oz, 16, 20oz, cappuccinos. Same drink, different name? I asked if they could make a more traditional cappuccino and the staff member looked and said, "Yea, its there on the menu." After explaining that I did not want a gallon of milk in my espresso, he said they had an 8oz macchiato. What that was I've no idea. I explained that I wanted to shots of espresso with a very small amount of milk, approx. 4oz. The resulting drink was two extremely over extracted shots of espresso, and four ounces of scalded milk and dry foam. In a Starbucks world its understandable that some do not know the difference and I am willing to explain what I would like but the rudeness and elitist arrogance combined with the ignorance was too much. In addition to horrible coffee.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

I needed to set up a working-lunch for out-of-town clients, and was notified late in the afternoon the day before. Turtle Rock came through 200% for us, even with such short notice! They quietly brought in trays of meats, fresh veggies, great breads and spreads and dressings, salads, fruits, desserts and drinks. Everything was crispy-fresh and tasted great, and our clients who came from Houston, commented on how good the food was (high compliment, coming from Food-Town-USA!).