“Clean, friendly restaurant”

Bernie's Mexican
Ranked #66 of 108 Restaurants in Laramie
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Chips and salsa were very good but not homemade. I wouldn't consider the food to be authentic Mexican food but it was very good none the less. I would definitely go back!

Reviewed August 29, 2013

We like the breakfast burritos here so thought we would try it for dinner. What a mistake. The service was non existent and when I started hearing the beeps of the microwave, my heart sank. Sure enough, after not bringing out chips and salsa nor offering the option of ordering and paying for them, reheated food started showing up. Badly reheated, soggy, gloppy Mexican type food. We would have had a better meal out of the freezer section at the grocery store. When asked how it was, we said "not very good," which caused the waitress to scurry off. What a disappointment.

This is a small town, so we paid cash and left. I agree, do not go here even if it's just to hide from zombies.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

A restaurant with authentic American idea of bad Mexican food, nothing authentic ethnic food. I have no idea what it is or what they are trying to do. Do not go here, even after the zombies come

Reviewed April 26, 2013

Moved from Texas to Colorado 17 years ago. Locals in Laramie treated me to lunch today at Bernies. Wow. If you're looking for GREAT authentic Mexican Food in an unpretentious environment where the owner takes pride....then make sure you go to Bernies. Salsa and Chips set the tone....we had beef enchiladas, beef burritos, and chicken enchiladas. The green chili - spicy - was flavorful and had a good heat (not too hot though). Bernie was working the floor, everyone seemed to be enjoying their meal. I will be back....soon.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Visited Bernie's for lunch. Unpretentious very down home atmosphere, popular with the local folks. Food arrived quickly and was standard fare without much embelishment - I had heuvos rancheros, my partner had beef enchiladas. The food was adequate (pretty hard to mess up either of these dishes), but unremarkable; portions likewise were adequate but tending toward the minimalist side. Service was prompt and courteous. Upshot: if you're in the mood for something unusual, probably not going to find it here. But if reliable, quick but not fast food Mexican with a nod to the local vibe is your thing, Bernie's will fix you up.