“Avoid Parachute Grille”

Laramie, Wyoming, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Avoid Parachute Grille”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

We went here to try the restaurant before we had 12 people here for graduation night. I'm very glad we tried it before going with my entire family. The food was not great, atmosphere fine, the service was low grade.
The waitress was chewing gum the entire time, but other than this, she did a good job. I had the chicken alfredo, and hod to spit out two pieces of chicken because of the massive amounts of gristle left in it. This wasn't our chief complaint however. The initial issue was with the 5+ bones in each bite of the Canadian Walleye. When we asked the manager about this, she came over and with an incredulous attitude began to argue with us about how it was impossible. REALLY? Because the fish was just on our table, so who would know better? Maybe the people with the fish on their table! She then said she would speak to their "chef". Mr "chef" then comes out and explains that ALL freshwater fish have bones, and there is nothing he can do about it. Having cooked, eaten, and filleted fish before, I am capable of getting freshwater fish without massive amounts of bones in each bite. Why isn't their supplier? Perhaps because as a cost-saving measure, they have decided to go with the lowest bidder. He then walks away, leaving us in an empty dining room for about five minutes. The "manager" then comes back over and offers to take the fish off the bill, which has already been paid. After she graciously did this, we walked to the front and cancelled our reservation for the 11th.
Our issue isn't really even with the fish and bones. We weren't expecting a comped meal or dish, we merely wanted to let them know about an issue with the fish. Our issue is with the argumentative and unaccommodating attitude of the manager and the "chef". Both of us rarely complain at restaurants, but this was well deserved. Our waitress was fine, the atmosphere was fine, the service beyond this was terrible. We will not be back, and would advise against this grille without a serious attitude adjustment on the part of the management and "chef".

1 Thank Jason S

Midwest
“Horrible everything!”
Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

Ok, I am all about supporting local businesses but the owner tried her best to confirm that we would never come back. The menu is overpriced and lacked luster. Nothing looked homemade and if you pay $4 for salsa, I want more than tomato soup. My husband ordered the cordon bleu sandwich and it was so dry, he couldn't eat it. We we willing to pay for it but thought the owner would like to know about the quality of food being served. We were wrong! She came to us in a defensive manner and said, you're paying for the sandwich! She told us we were wrong and then said to pay and go. Then another women rudely said that chicken was moist and we were wrong. I have never been chased out of a restaurant! All the waitresses and hostesses apologized as we walked out, it was so horrible!

1 Thank mesheher
Laramie, Wyoming
“Bland bland bland”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

My husband and I ate at this establishment recently, it just opened and we love to try new restaurants in our area. The first concern that should have steered us away was the bizarre menu which contains everything from steak to lobster to Italian to Mexican dishes. Some places can pull off a wide variety well but this was not the case with the Parachute Grill, they need to find one thing they do well and stick to it rather than spread the mediocrity around.
For an appetizer we decided to try the calamari. If you don't like seafood, then this calamari is for you- what we were served was little better than warmed up fish sticks and ketchup. The texture was wrong, the temperature was luke warm at best, and the flavor was bland to say the least, not worth the overcharged price either.
For a meal I ordered an Italian dish that was featured under their "specialties" section of the menu. I ordered a grilled Tuscan chicken served with fettuccine alfredo. What I was served however was a dish of cold, oily, mushy noodles with only enough sauce to actually cover about 1/4 of them. The chicken was also luke warm, but was flavored well enough to be acceptable, not great, but acceptable. Once again, this price was much more than I would have been charged at other restaurants in the area and was certainly not worth the terrible food quality. My husband ordered a taco salad, again to test their ability to really prepare the wide array on the menu before us. What he received was also incredibly oil (for a salad!) and was about 1/3 re-fried beans. We were disappointed to say the least, and were so unmoved by an incredibly passe dessert menu that we neither finished our dishes nor ordered dessert.
To add insult to injury, the restaurant has since charged the total of our meal to our credit card on two separate occasions- four days apart, and is now closed and therefore unable to rectify the situation for another two days.
The atmosphere was terrible, with decorations that are half finished and cliche, they are in serious need of renovation and haven't even had a grand opening yet. The dining area was completely silent and left one feeling uncomfortable if you had a conversation, especially if you bothered to look around which would bring the waitress rushing over with a quick and frantic- "Did you want something?!"
Our waitress did a decent enough job, but perhaps we felt sorry for her as we could hear the owner of the establishment lecturing the fresh crop of waitstaff behind the kitchen doors just as clearly as if she were standing next to us and addressing them.
I do not recommend this place to others and honestly hope that they have a short run so that a restaurant that knows what its doing can move in and take their place.

Laramie, WY
“Will not be rushing to go back”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

This place was way overpriced for food that tasted like it was dumped out of a can. The nachos were tasteless and lacked toppings and the chicken fried steak was tough and just a bad cut of meat, it was not good. The kids menu was not worth $4.99 as two little pieces of frozen chicken and a few potatoes did not measure up to other kids menus in town. I could keep going but all-in-all it was just not that good. For 5 of us to dine we spent almost $60.00 for the same kind of stuff I can buy at the local grocery store and dump out of a can.

The service was good as the waitress did keep our drinks full and to me that is always a plus, but the service cannot make up for bad food and that is overall what we had here. I have seen restaurants serve food like this before and usually some famous chef is on TV trying to help turn them around.

• Visited March 2013
laramie
“Worst lunch experience in history of lunch”
Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

This was the worst lunch experience I have ever had in my life. Service was terrible, food was terrible, the silent atmosphere of the dining room was terrible. I am in restaurant management and whoever is running this place needs a kick in the pants. 3 servers for 5 sat tables and service was ridiculously slow, the food took forever and was then terrible. When you offer baked Mac and cheese, don't send out the seasoned noodles with cheese sprinkled on top as an imposter, like I received today. A sausage patty substitute on a sausage sandwich? This place isn't going to last too long at the rate they are going. Disgraceful they are allowed to call themselves a restaurant .