“I know you are new but....”
Review of Born In A Barn

Born In A Barn
Ranked #6 of 108 Restaurants in Laramie
Cuisines: American
Laramie, Wyoming
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I know you are new but....”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

We went opening week, which was probably the first mistake. We had to wait 45 minutes for a table, which is fine...but when you get into the restaurant itself, there are only about 10 tables total! No wonder its such a long wait! We sat for probably 15 minutes before a server even acknowledged us. Finally we gave our drinks and figured we better order then, because we didn't know when she would be back. Drinks (water and a soda) arrived 20 minutes later. When our order finally came out, nothing was right. We ordered wings and boneless wings, both of the sauces were completely wrong on them, we never did receive our salad or fries. Asking for ranch (for the third time) took about 15 minutes to actually get and by then we were almost done. I REALLY hope this was just lack of experience, because we could really use a good wing and burger place. I will go back in a few weeks to give it a second chance, I sure hope it is better.

1 Thank AshleyC695

Wyoming
“Worst of the worst”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

My husband and two friends visited last week and were seated immediately. From there the 'service' was all down hill. After giving our drink and food orders my friends received their drinks right away, (they ordered a water and a soda we ordered iced-teas) my husband and I however waited...and waited...and waited. After flagging down the waitress and informing her that we'd been waiting 20 minutes and only half the drinks had been served she said she'd get right on it. Unfortunately that wasn't the case...we ended up waiting a solid 45 minutes (no drinks or food) before calling it a bust and leaving for Lovejoy's. Also, the ventilation system there is awful, the restaurant is muggy and heavy with fried foods. Even for a place specializing in greasy spoon cuisine it was too much.

1 Thank wisdom_of_trees
Laramie, Wyoming
“Great Service”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Born in a Barn had amazing service, the server had quite a few other tables and was running around a lot but still managed to get us our food asap! Great service, awesome vibe, REALLY good food, and nice friendly staff! I plan to go back and check out their night life whenever I get some time off! Keep up the great work and I hope you guys do well!!!

• Visited April 2013
Jackson, Wyoming
“Service, what service?”
Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

Look... I've had a few bad experiences eating in Laramie, but this one I can't even count this one as that good. My husband and I went in for lunch to try something new. We both wanted burgers and thus, went here. However, we were doomed from the start. While it smelled amazing in there, once we were sat we were ignored. We sat there for 15 minutes watching the 3 servers check on the 3 other tables, but keep walking past us, not even acknowledging that we existed. No drink order, no I'll be right with you, nothing. I was highly disappointed. One of the servers even made eye contact with me and still ignored us. So we got up and went to Anongs across the street and had a much better experience there.

2 Thank boarder2177
Laramie, Wyoming, United States
“Great menu variety, location, attentive servers, TVs a little on the loud side”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Born in a Barn has an almost infinite variety of items on their menu, many of them quite original. They are especially proud of the two dozen plus different kinds of sauces you can order for your chicken wings. I heard they had a pastrami burger, though, so I ordered that well done straight away with a side of sweet potato fries. It was quite good, although except for the color the sweet potato fries tasted the same as regular french fries to me. The bar seemed very well stocked with a good variety of colorful liquor. I was very impressed with the service at the bar, where I ate without ordering alcohol. In spite of how busy the restaurant was, the bartender must've checked on me a dozen times and he was polite, quick, and eager to please. This is unusual in Laramie, where most of the bar-and-grill bartenders double as quasi-managers and often seem to stare distractedly into the restaurant section, past all the people sitting at the bar, almost forgetting about us entirely. So, if you come alone to the bar you won't want for attention.

I am very fond of Born in a Barn's location (formerly Luciano's and for decades before that The Overland Cafe). It is small but features a wonderful array of windows whose light warms the woody (and "barny") decor. They've arranged several small tables so that you can gander straight out at the busy streets and railroads of downtown Laramie. The relatively small bar area up front (6 stools and two tables for two) had at least four large, flat-screen TVs each featuring different March college basketball tournament games, which I would have enjoyed more if the sound had been off. I like to read when I dine out alone, and there's not much point in keeping the sound cranked up when each TV is displaying a different game. The bar stools were made from tractor seats, I think, which were surprisingly comfortable but, of course, lacked anyplace to put your coat unless you're okay with sitting on it. Laramie's plenty cold and we layer up, so that can be a bit of an issue. They're also closed on Sundays, so that probably means the sports bar won't be covering the NFL next fall.

All in all I enjoyed Born in a Barn very much and should be back again soon.

1 Thank Russ641

Been to Born In A Barn? Share your experiences!