“Our go-to place!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Almanza's
Ranked #36 of 108 Restaurants in Laramie
Cuisines: Mexican, Fast Food
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
“Our go-to place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014

Quick, high-quality, delicious, authentic, and always open! Salsa borracha is the best!!!!! Breakfast burrito and the carnitas are our favorites!

• Visited February 2014

Naples, Florida
“Great b-fast burritos”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

We have eaten here several times for their breakfast burritos. They are simple and huge! They freshly make each one so if you go through the drive thru there is a small wait....but we'll worth it! They also have homemade green and red salsa that is super yummy and medium heat.

Visited January 2014
Laramie, Wyoming
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

Food is excellent if you keep in mind what it is. This is not five-star dining this is a quick-service Mexican fast food like a Taco Bell. The food however is beyond a "chain" experience.

• Visited October 2013
Laramie, Wyoming
“First time, meh.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

I have never heard of this "chain" before moving back to Laramie, but I have had several folks in town tell me that this place is great. I wanted to try something from Almanza's on a quick lunch break I had from work on a Sunday afternoon.

There was only 4 other people in the operation when I walked in and I was ok with that as I was told a takes a little bit longer to get the food, but I don't mind waiting if the product is worth it.

The first thing I noticed was that the menu had Menudo available only on Saturday and Sundays and if you ask my wife (after a few seconds of her nauseousness and disapproval) she can agree that I LOVE homemade Menudo, but unfortunately I got confusing looks and a small "no" when I attempted to order the item? Either they are throwing too much out because the lack of cow stomach lovers of Laramie or people are flooding the streets for this normally unpopular item?

After that I went with fish tacos and the tongue taco, the fish was fried and not that great, tongue taco was average with fresh cilantro. I got a chicken burrito for the wife which was very large and filling for the price.

Overall I give it a 3 for how cheap it is and the fact that they have a salsa bar at the counter.

Maybe next time Almanza's, next time I might be able to try your beef tripe.

• Visited September 2013
Russell, New Zealand
“Secret surprise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

We found this freeway-side restaurant by accident while whizzing across to deadwood. My husband and I both had carne asada burritos, and were really impressed. A great price, and great flavor without having to pad it was salsa. I hope this restaurant makes it....

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Been to Almanza's? Share your experiences!