All reviewsclean sheetsnon smoking roominterstatefiratesdesk
Reviewed October 9, 2011

You get what you pay for. This family run hotel is situated just off the I80 and about 2.5 miles from the centre of Laramie. Our room was a good size but basic, it did offer tv, a coffee machine and free WiFi. It was clean, the beds comfortable but the walls are paper thin and if your room faces the car park at the front of the hotel you may find it noisy. There is no breakfast on offer, but there is a Subway next door and a couple of large service stations close by. The bathroom is small and the towels are small even by general hotel standards.

A health warning mind your head on the television stand in room 111 my wife managed to hit her head on it 3 times, it is really badly positioned.

Room Tip: Face the highway it maybe quieter
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
General M, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2011

Thank you for your review we strive to make everyones stay a pleasant stay.

Reviewed August 24, 2011

Appears to be family run by some very welcoming and friendly folks. The room was clean and quiet. Very good value for a simple good night's sleep.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HMG44
Reviewed August 15, 2011

This is a very old motel, it smells bad and the beds are like sleeping on the ground!! There was also a bigger hole then the dead bolt and you could see into my room!!
Would not honor my discount card with the motel chain either. We stayed here 8/14/2011

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 1, 2011

This is an older motel sandwiched between the highway on one side and a busy street with lots of diesel truck traffic on the other side. The windows provide little sound insulation. If you're a light sleeper or bothered by traffic noise, you won't like this place. It also was $10-$15 more per night than other, nearby lower-end motels that were more recently built and seemed to have quieter locations.
Also, we never saw or heard from a manager or anyone at the front desk from the time we arrived in the afternoon through the next morning when we left. The maid gave us a room key. Seems that just collecting your money online is enough for them.
Otherwise, the room was clean (though dated) and relatively spacious.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 28, 2011

We were hoping to stay at a motor inn, where one can park right outside the door to their room, as my disabled son always has LOTS of baggage. This is one of those with interior hallways to the rooms. Once we began to carry our bags in, it was quickly evident why this was the better choice for us, at least for this particular night. The mosquitoes were swarming like I've never seen. I would not have been able to take my son for a walk outside, so this turned out to be just right. The staff were very nice and accommodating, and our room a comfortable size and clean. Our room was on the side away from the highway, so we had no big rig noises to keep us awake. There was a Subway right next door, within walking distance. The only complaint I have is the placement of the TV - it was on a shelf on the wall in a position where we were constantly bumping our heads on the corner of the shelf.

One other note: my son, though disabled, is ambulatory and can manage steps. This hotel only had one wheelchair-friendly room, which was taken, so I don't know what it was like. All the other rooms are accessed by steps. There is a Days Inn that might have more than one handicap room, all on the ground floor. I'll be reviewing that one, also, as we stayed there on the way back to Texas. This hotel was a lot less expensive and was adequate for what we needed that night.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family