All reviewsclean sheetsnon smoking roominterstatefiratesdesk
Reviewed August 15, 2011

This is a very old motel, it smells bad and the beds are like sleeping on the ground!! There was also a bigger hole then the dead bolt and you could see into my room!!
Would not honor my discount card with the motel chain either. We stayed here 8/14/2011

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 1, 2011

This is an older motel sandwiched between the highway on one side and a busy street with lots of diesel truck traffic on the other side. The windows provide little sound insulation. If you're a light sleeper or bothered by traffic noise, you won't like this place. It also was $10-$15 more per night than other, nearby lower-end motels that were more recently built and seemed to have quieter locations.
Also, we never saw or heard from a manager or anyone at the front desk from the time we arrived in the afternoon through the next morning when we left. The maid gave us a room key. Seems that just collecting your money online is enough for them.
Otherwise, the room was clean (though dated) and relatively spacious.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 28, 2011

We were hoping to stay at a motor inn, where one can park right outside the door to their room, as my disabled son always has LOTS of baggage. This is one of those with interior hallways to the rooms. Once we began to carry our bags in, it was quickly evident why this was the better choice for us, at least for this particular night. The mosquitoes were swarming like I've never seen. I would not have been able to take my son for a walk outside, so this turned out to be just right. The staff were very nice and accommodating, and our room a comfortable size and clean. Our room was on the side away from the highway, so we had no big rig noises to keep us awake. There was a Subway right next door, within walking distance. The only complaint I have is the placement of the TV - it was on a shelf on the wall in a position where we were constantly bumping our heads on the corner of the shelf.

One other note: my son, though disabled, is ambulatory and can manage steps. This hotel only had one wheelchair-friendly room, which was taken, so I don't know what it was like. All the other rooms are accessed by steps. There is a Days Inn that might have more than one handicap room, all on the ground floor. I'll be reviewing that one, also, as we stayed there on the way back to Texas. This hotel was a lot less expensive and was adequate for what we needed that night.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Calichiranch
Reviewed May 18, 2011

Convenient to the highway, and therein lies the rub. It is about 500 feet from the busy freeway and big trucks drive by in a constant line all night. Cooler mounting consists of a pane of thin plywood and the freeway noise is substantial. I think if one stayed in an odd numbered room, across from the highway, it would be a better night's sleep. The room was clean and very affordable. The gentleman that checked us in appeared to be the owner/manager and was very pleasant and accommodating. The room itself was smaller and about average for a budget motel. Except for the noise, it would have been an adequately pleasant stay.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank joshalden
Reviewed August 16, 2010

Our stay with nice; when our plans changed unexpectedly we decided to go back and stay another night. Management was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends