“Historic Downtown”

Ranked #16 of 19 Hotels in Laramie
Fort Collins, Colorado
“Historic Downtown”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I reserved a room here again I can't say how helpful the workers are there. My vehicle happen to break down and Matt (desk clerk) called a few people he knew and one of them came and fixed my vehicle at a cheap price. Never in any hotel I have stayed at would of never gone out of their way like these folks do. I will stay at this hotel every time I am coming threw Laramie. Everything is close to this hotel, clubs, antique shops, food establishments. I would recommend this hotel to every one. Excellent WI-FI also. Great job guys keep the excellent customer service up!!

Room Tip: Lower floor rooms is where I always stay in very comfortable.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Brighton, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Overall I had a very good stay here. I was passing thru Laramie with a friend of mine and needed a place for one night. This was great for that as the price was low compared to the other options in the area, yet it was still the closest hotel to the best nightlife in the area. The staff, Matt and Tammy specifically (I'm sure the others are as well, but these were the only two I met), were incredibly friendly and helpful, giving good tips on places to go and a discount at a local restaurant.
The room itself was fine. Nothing special but nothing off-putting. We had a comfortable sleep and then got back on our way. I would recommend this to anyone who wants to be right in the heart of downtown for a fair price.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Fort Collins, Colorado
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I stayed at this property and it was really clean, the staff was very helpful in many ways. The location was excellent right in the downtown area close to clubs, food establishments and Matt was one employee I would like to mention he was very helpful.

Room Tip: I had a King size bedroom was really roomy.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Mark33423
Wyoming
Reviewed November 13, 2010

I knew this would be a no frills hotel but most of the ones I would normally stay at were full due to several events in town. So I bid on Priceline and I will never bid on a 2 star place again. The room smelled like a mixture between a musty mildew with a little B.O. mixed in. The walls were paper thin so we heard everything next door. The lower quality of the hotel apparently drew some kids and we heard every bit of their partying next to us as well as the speakerphone conversation the guy on the other side had at 4 am. Although there wasn't blatant uncleanliness the smell sure made me feel like it wasn't clean. The shower was a water war with freezing cold moments and near scalding moments. Just don't do it if you value a decent night's rest.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LilRedNP
Kansas City, MO
Reviewed September 16, 2010

I was in town on a motorcycle trip. I wanted to stay within walking distance to of downtown. It was clean, reasonably priced and has a good location.

It is not new or modern but it suited me just fine.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
Northern California
Reviewed September 11, 2010

Very convenient to downtown restaurants (try Altitudes Brew Pub) and university. Clean but a bit worn & tired. Free WiFi a bit sketchy, not a strong signal. Basic continental breakfast. Friendly staff & cat. Would recommend for those OK with very basic accommodations, not for a "Special Occasion."

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Bertrand, Nebraska
Reviewed September 8, 2010

Make my reservation, and than had to cancel the same day...Never go thru travel-wed, they are crocks too. the hotel said they never receive my cancelation notice, when Priceline said that they sent one on the same day. I was on the phone for almost 2 hrs. trying to get my refund, and I didn't get anywhere. Even the customer service dept. was rude and didn't even try to help. Asked to talk to his superviser and he said he couldn't do that. I told him I hope that this was being recorded, cause he was very rude. And was NO way to run a business. Needless to say, I didn't get my refund...YET.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple