Travelodge Laramie
Days Inn Laramie(Laramie)(Great Value!)
$64
$89
Comfort Inn(Laramie)(Great Value!)
$85
ComfortInn
$60
  • Pool
Best Western Laramie Inn & Suites(Laramie)(Great Value!)
$80
$68
BestWestern.com
Quality Inn & Suites University(Laramie)(Great Value!)
$79
Hotels.com
$83
$114
$119
Fairfield Inn
$103
Travelocity
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 4, 2008

We went to Laramie to get our son settled into Wyotech. I had reserved a room at 1st Inn because it was the only place with a room. When we arrived I noticed that the outside was unkept. We checked in fine, the gentleman behind the counter was very nice. We were to stay 3 nights and paid cash. Our room was clean enough, however the box springs was torn, the toilet didn't work properly and the remote control didn't work. Definately NOT worth $89.00 a night. We got our business done in two days and were going to head home a day early. I went to the front desk to let them know we were checking out early and to get a refund. There was a lady there this time and she said since we paid cash she could not give us a refund because she had taken all the money to the bank. She said if we had used a credit card she could refund us. She took our name and home phone number and said she would try to think of something. The next morning when we took our keys down the same lady was there. I told her we were checking out and she said " I know, you told me last night". When I asked her to please show me where it says that if we pay cash we will not get a refund because we were not informed of that when we checked in she got VERY rude and loud. When I asked to talk to the manager, she told me she was the mananger. There was a heated exchange. She said that because we were checking out early there was a vacancy and she probably wouldn't be able to sell the room. Now I'm not sure what the difference is in paying cash or using a credit card, there would still be a vacancy. I told her that since my son is in college there we would be coming back frequently and would not stay there again and she said that was our choice. As of yet we have not received a refund and probably won't now. You would think that with all the bad reviews this place gets they would do something to change it.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank momma89425
Reviewed June 14, 2008

Gosh, why is this ranked so low? I've stayed here twice (not in the past year, though) and I come in late.

I enjoy lounging out on the large King sized bed.
The rates are $50 for a non-weekend, and have slept well.

I would stay here again in the future, but I am also fond of the Howard Johnson on the other side of town.

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled solo
Reviewed July 1, 2007

First of all we only stayed here because it was really the only hotel in Laramie with a room. The staff was very unprofessional and I just had a weird feeling about the whole situation but I was really way to tired to keep looking or to drive to Cheyenne. Nevertheless we did end up staying and were so upset. The whole hotel is ran down and the locks hardly would work on our door. The sheets didn't even fit so they kept popping off all night. The mattress was so old we kept rolling to the middle of the bed. No iron or anything that would make up for what they were lacking. Even though it said they had Wifi, pool and hot tub, THEY DIDN'T!!! Well the pool was there but it was empty and I don't even know where the hot tub was. Now the "breakfast".....what a joke. The smell of spoiled milk was so bad you would rather not even eat. The food was messy and the room was very dirty!!! I will never stay there again!! I will be making the drive to Cheyenne next time and I reccommend you do the same.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed August 2, 2006

We visited Laramie for a wedding with many of our family members arriving after we did. The hotel recommended to all of us was bad, so we opted to move. This place looked OK on initial inspection, so we changed hotels and reserved rooms for other family members. I wish we would have looked a little closer.

They claim to have wifi Internet access. This is only barely true. There are about 2 rooms in the whole place that have wifi access and it works quite poorly, is not supported at all, and frequently stops working altogether. I am a very savvy wifi user and actually run a series of wifi networks for a living so you can believe I know what I'm talking about. Business travelers should avoid this place.

The rooms are comfortable enough. Some are remodeled, some are not. If you stay here, make sure you get a remodeled one. The bad news is that the supposedly wifi capable rooms are not remodeled.

The prices are pretty high for the age of the motel. We were quoted $89 for single, $99 for double due to the size of our group, but the rates go up to about $130 per night. One of our group was actually stuck with a $130 rate "because he didn't have a reservation", even though none of us did and we told them it would be an unknown number of people staying with the wedding party. They wouldn't back down on this, either. Very, very poor customer service, considering the number of rooms we paid for.

The pool is clean and pretty nice. The hot tub is also nice.

There is a Mexican restaraunt on the property. I must say, I've eaten at a lot of Mexcian restaruants, and this was the best food/service/price combination I've ever experienced. The bad news is that it's independent of the hotel and they are moving a few doors up soon, judging by their new building under construction.

The hotel staff was pretty polite, but not terribly customer service oriented.

The rooms are definitely not cleaned very well at all. One gets the impression that this property might be an investment gone wrong. It is very understaffed and everything is about as cheaply done as possible, especially the maid service.

They do provide a continental breakfast, but it's pretty spartan. It consisted of coffee, milk, dry cereal, bagels, oatmeal, and occasionally fruit. There was no microwave. I don't expect much from these sorts of breakfasts, but this was pretty sad compared to most I've seen.

Overall, I would not recommend this place and would certainly never stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed July 15, 2006

I stayed in this motel for college graduation in May and so we paid a premium price for the room (even after AARP discount). The rooms are adequate, but had shabby bed coverings (looked like a bottle of bleach had fallen on one of the bedspreads). Toiletries are of very low budget (tear open bags of shampoo) which I can't understand as their nightly prices don't reflect the need for this. The carpet was not clean either. Their continental breakfast in the morning was very dismal. They have several cereals, bagels, english muffins, juice and the like. Both the bagels and English muffins were soggy as could be as if they had been frozen and left over night in the bags to thaw. Yuck!! I'd rather they knock off from the price of the motel and forget this disgusting attempt at breakfast. I did mention my disappointment with the accommodations and breakfast at the front desk when we checked out. I was not even given an "I'm sorry that you found your stay not to your liking" or a simple "I'm sorry." I was pretty much ignored. The motel itself is not the worst I've stayed in, but the poor customer service and ammenties were less than desirable, and I would definitely avoid staying here again!

• Stayed: May 2006, traveled on business