“Excellent Thai in the heart of Beef Country”
Review of Anong Thai Cuisine

Anong Thai Cuisine
Ranked #6 of 109 Restaurants in Laramie
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 17, 2013

I had been eating a lot of beef on a recent road trip through the mountain west and Great Plains and was looking for a change. Finding myself in Laramie, I wasn't expecting anything great, but this place really surprised me. I ordered the Spicy Steak salad (had to get some beef in there after all) and it was flat out delicious. It wasn't overly spicy but did have a nice little kick to it. I was pleased to see that they didn't skimp on the steak and I had enough for nearly every bite of salad. Portion was big but not overwhelming and I pretty much licked the lime juice off the plate. For only $8 plus $1 for a side of steamed rice, this was a great bargain as well.

Service was quick and efficient and a nice bonus is that it is located right by the railroad tracks downtown so you can catch some train action as you dine. I am hoping to return to Laramie one day with my wife so she can enjoy this fine Thai restaurant.

There are newer reviews for Anong Thai Cuisine

Reviewed August 2, 2013

Our family of two adults and 10 year old had dinner here on a Friday night while staying overnight on our way to Grand Teton. We ordered the crab ragon $6, thai chicken fried rice $10, thai chicken wings $10, spicy eggplant $10.50, green tea fried ice cream $6, and mochi red bean ice cream bonbons $5. It was too much food because the portions were larger than expected. Service was good. Street parking was easy to find.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

When traveling it's so nice to find something not too far off the highway that isn't fast food, tastes delicious and yet doesn't take too much time. We loved the fresh curry and pad thai here. The vegetables were crisp. The shrimp were huge. The flavors were so fresh and clean. We really enjoyed it. It didn't cost much and the service was friendly and helpful.

Anong's is definitely bringing something great, and different to the plains of Wyoming!

Reviewed May 26, 2013

The food is authentic and the atmosphere is best described as northern Thai. The servers are a mix of college students and Thai, but the cooks are all Thai. The food stays true to it's roots and has the spicy and heat that Thai is known for. I would return without hesitation.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

As with all the Anong's restaurants (the others are in Rawlins and Cheyenne) the food is excellent. The service here is excellent (the best of the three), with a small wait staff efficiently handling a very busy restaurant. The order to serving time is fast. Definitely a worthwhile place to go to. My favorite is the Masaman curry. Thai coffee is also very good. This place fills up quickly - it's a small restaurant and the tables are a little close together.