“Some of the best Thai anywhere” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 108 Restaurants in Laramie
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Families with children
Laramie, Wyoming
“Some of the best Thai anywhere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2011

The entrees are marvelous. I went to DC and tried out some very highly rated Thai restaurants; who knew there was better Thai in Laramie, Wyoming? I used to have to drive 100 miles to eat at the Anong's in Rawlins, but then the family opened up a restaurant in my town. My favs are the Masaman curry, and the Thai iced tea (they have bizarre gelatinous balls you can try in the tea, if you want, and thy're good too).

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank AdventurousTraveler6

Jelm, WY
“My family's favorite Laramie restaurant.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2011

When we want a treat, we pack the family up and head for Anong's. The menu is diverse which allows each of us to find something we like. Everything is good - I like their spicy salads. Portions are generous. We usually end up bringing food home for a late night snack.

• Visited December 2011
Portland, Oregon
“An Incredible Surprise! Worth a Stop if You're Driving Through!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2011

We hesitantly stopped by after some bad Asian food in Casper on our way to Yellowstone had us scared. However, the reviews for Anong's are spot on! This was a delicious surprise -- my husband and kids had curry, and I had the "Veggie Thai." All of us cleaned our plates! The kids and I don't eat meat, so it can be difficult to find good food in some towns. Anong's food was truly a welcome treat. PLUS the service was wonderful!! It might have been the owner helping us get a dessert to go -- she was VERY kind and helpful!! We'd all like to stop by there if we're ever driving through Laramie again! They need to open a place in Casper ;)

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank LandscapeArchiGirl
Brookline, Massachusetts
“what a great lunch!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2011

We've had dinner at Jeffrey's and Altitude over the years. Looked quickly for a lunch and were so pleased with Anong. We ordered typical Thai dishes and ate heartily. I'd do this again for lunch. Nice service and gracious staff.

• Visited August 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Denver, Colorado
“Very surprisingly GOOD!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2011

Wow, never expected such a delish Thai restaurant in a flat cowboy town or anywhere in WY for that matter. The interior is nice, the food is excellent. We got Basil fish, curry salmon and Tom Kha soup. We tried each others dishes and I honestly couldn't tell you which I liked best! Driving through WY a month later after our visit and of course stopped in again. We'll be back again!

• Visited July 2011