“Dinner was delicious, atmosphere was like a bar.”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Luciano's - CLOSED

Luciano's
Cuisines: Italian, American
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Excellent new restaurant in Laramie, which has traditionally been a difficult town for those looking for good, simple, delicious food.
“Dinner was delicious, atmosphere was like a bar.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

The two of us decided to have a nice dinner since the kids all had other things going on. I've been wanting to try Luciano's since moving to town.
Good:
- The food was delicious, we ordered Gnocchi and the Seafood Ravioli.
- The warm bread before the meal was wonderful, I wanted to take some home with me.
- I suggest the Red Pepper Vinaigrette salad dressing, YUM!
- Our server was prompt, polite, and attentive but not looming.
- Pricing was not bad at all, and they have smaller servings on the back of the menu.

Bad:
- Wine selection was disappointing
- The place is small, and they have piled in as many tables as possible. If you don't mind feeling like you are eating dinner with the strangers at the next table over, you won't mind. I prefer to not have someones butt slide across my table when they get up and down from their seat at the table beside me
- The bright track lighting made me feel like I was under interrogation during my entire meal. Something to difuse the light or some decorative lighting could be installed and create a warmer more intimate feel
- The room had a "bar" feel to it. Customers and other servers talked at top volume, many tables (looked like a group who had all been together) finished their meals and then stood gathered around several other tables talking loudly for a very long time after they were done eating. It created a very uncomfortable setting through out most of our meal.

Will I go back? Without a doubt! The food and service are worth it. But I will go early, or on a very slow night.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Tr4in

Wylie
“Good food, service and value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

Classic Italian dishes, some with just a bit of difference (eggplant parmesan presented with a crunch on the side of the plate, not buried and soaked in marinara sauce). The gnocchi carbonara was especially tasty; we ordered a half order for as an appetizer for the table and wished for more. One of our guests had a food allergy and the chef was kind enough to omit onions form two classic dishes just for him and his wfe.

Wonderful place in September; I imagine it is a blessing in the long months of a Wyoming winter.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank BethanyLeah
Katy, Texas
“Sunday Brunch is Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

The Sunday brunch was very good even though I generally don't like breakfast buffets very much. The selection was excellent lots of different breakfast choices, pasta and meat choices, as well as an omelet and crepe station. And the price was very reasonable.

Visited September 2012
2 Thank jax3636
San Jose, California
“Loved the seafood ravioli...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

My husband ordered the chicken parm and did not like the chicken or the sauce...at all. Excellent service. Awesome balsamic vinegar (and oil) served with the bread. Dinner salad was good.

• Visited August 2012
“Great service and value.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2012 via mobile

Great food everytime. Servers are always attentive and friendly. They are knowledgeable about serving customers with food allergies just let them know and they will accommodate you. Great gluten free pasta!

1 Thank ktlan