“Good Stuff”

Mizu Sushi
Ranked #24 of 108 Restaurants in Laramie
Cuisines: Japanese, Vietnamese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: New sushi restaurant, open about three weeks.
Laramie, Wyoming
“Good Stuff”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

This has got to be the best sushi in Wyoming. It's not the best in the world, I have had better but not within 1000 miles of here. Service is incredible and the place is spotless. I will be back.

• Visited September 2013

“confused wait staff”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We met with a friend to try Mizo Sushi for the first time. The won ton crab appetizer was fair. All 3 of us ordered a combination platter with one seaweed salad to share between us. Only 2 combination platters arrived and no seaweed salad, although they were the second order placed...followed by the third party's order. Three different wait staff were very apologetic, all blaming the other waiter/waitress and the order was corrected. An order for 2 coffees was placed. The coffees were taking so long to brew that a third coffee was ordered (and forgotten)...again, 3 wait staff were once again very apologetic and the last coffee was produced. There is an old adage which states, "You never have a second time to make a first impression. " The atmosphere is very nice, the food artistically arranged, but the service demands attention.

• Visited August 2013
Riverton, Wyoming
“First Time Sushi Eaters Welcome!”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I used to live in Laramie, and make it a point to have Mizu Sushi whenever I visit! They were the first place I tried sushi, and loved it! Its a clean, fancy restaurant which can be rather busy on a Friday or Saturday night! I brought my mom, sisters, and brother (who is 10) in to try it and they all loved it! We all look forward to going back when we can! I HIGHLY recommend!

• Visited October 2012
Laramie, Wyoming
“Old rice and small portions - what happened?”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I have eaten at Mizu on multiple occasions and have noticed a decrease in the quality of the food. First, this is a sushi restaurant, please do not serve old, dried-out rice. The rice should be sticky, not crumbly. The nigiri was the thinnest sliced piece of fish I have ever eaten. I understand it is Laramie, and not all sushi will be like Saburo in Portland, OR, but I should not be able to see through the fish. The rolls were on the small side, but overall not bad. The Fort Collins Whole Foods to-go sushi tops Mizu for me. My wife and I have decided that rather than spend $65 on dinner at Mizu, we'll drive to Fort Collins and spend $45.

• Visited July 2013
West Columbia, Texas
“I don't like to pay for and eat fake crab!”
Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

We ordered two rolls, Dragon roll and Rainbow roll. Although presented to the table in an artful manner I noticed that the center of both rolls were filled with Fake Crab or "Surimi". For those of you who do not know what this is. Here is the description: Lean meat from fish or land animals is first separated or minced. The meat then is rinsed numerous times to eliminate undesirable odors. The result is beaten and pulverized to form a gelatinous paste. Depending on the desired texture and flavor of the surimi product, the gelatinous paste is mixed with differing proportions of additives such as starch, egg white, salt, vegetable oil, humectants, sorbitol, sugar, soy protein, seasonings, and enhancers such as transglutaminases and monosodium glutamate (MSG).
If the surimi is to be packed and frozen, food-grade cryoprotectants are added as preservatives while the meat paste is being mixed.[2][3] Under most circumstances, surimi is processed immediately into a formed and cured product.

This is like eating Spam and calling it and selling it as beef. I guess most people dont' know better and think they are eating quality Sushi. This place is making a killing then. We did also order the Beef Pho Soup and it was good but not heated enough when brought to the table. Bleh!

Visited July 2013

Been to Mizu Sushi? Share your experiences!