“Go see it, you won't regret it!”

Medicine Bow National Forest
Ranked #1 of 43 things to do in Laramie
More attraction details
Owner description: Range of mountains close to Laramie which offer a wide variety of outdoor sports.
Reviewed September 6, 2017 via mobile

The park is beautiful. There are several mountain lakes that you can either camp at or just stop to enjoy! High mountain backdrops, the Snowy Mountains are very beautiful. There are vault toilets in many locations, excellent hiking and dry camping locations.

All reviews
"grand tetons"
"best kept secret"
"snow pack"
in 3 reviews
"most beautiful places on earth"
"the gap"
"beautiful area"
in 7 reviews
"take pictures"
in 6 reviews
"open fields"
"snowy mountains"

Reviewed September 3, 2017 via mobile

I LOVE this area. We lived in Laramie and spent a great deal of time here. We came though and stopped at a trail and went for a walk. Everything was great until we encountered a couple with dogs that were not leashed. My daughter and I stepped well off the trail and were waiting for them to pass when one of their dogs came growling and barking, baring its teeth at me. I tried to stop it but could not and it went after my daughter. Dogs are to BE LEASHED! If you cannot follow the rules, stay home!!!

1  Thank Linda C
Reviewed August 28, 2017

This is a great forest to hike in. I went for a day hike and could not get enough of the scenery. Wildlife abounds and can be seen easily. We had elk come all the way to the walking path and they were not scared of hikers. Awesome!

Reviewed August 27, 2017 via mobile

Beautiful long hiking, fishing, and camping for the novice to experienced outdoorsy adventure seekers.