“Bad pablum” 1 of 5 bubbles

Econo Lodge
Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in Laramie
“Bad pablum”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

79 bucks??? Come on. Good thing I bring extra hotel shampoos with me. Very dated but clean I guess ( but I'm no micro biologist) giant box TV with no guide, no Fox News. See through dishwater coffee. No 1/2&1/2 just powdered white chemicals. No fruit , bagels. Just crap cereal white flour and sugar for b'fast. Bad deal for the price

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Kkatz1,

Econo Lodge,Laramie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Sundance, Wyoming
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

I had EXTREME doubts about staying here after reading the other reviews. However the price was better than any other place here so I went with it. I did tell them I would inspect the room prior to paying for it. Upon arrival I did have to wait from 5-10 minutes before anyone came to wait on me. I almost left, had I not of had reservations I would have. They are hard to understand, english is so so. But room was clean, no bad smells, everything worked fine, it was hot and ac did a good job, halls were pretty hot. Carpet outside room could have used a good vaccuming. Breakfast room is very small and just toast cerals and juice. Staff was very friendly. So I would stay here again. bed was comfy, room was quiet. I had a top floor/

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear George,

Bettendorf, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

I have to say that this may have been my best stay from my entire trip. I was very hesitant to stay at this property because of the mixed reviews. I booked my room and decided to take a chance. Upon arrival the lobby looked great! I decided to take a look at a room before paying for it. What I discovered was a very nice hotel room it looked brand new. I asked the clerk if this was the same hotel I booked becuse the reviews on here made it seem as if it was a very dirty and run down hotel. The young man checking me inn told me that they just went through a huge renovation. I just wanted to write a review on here becuse the hotel is very clean and has a very nice staff. I felt as if i was staying at a holiday inn but i was in the nicest econo lodge that i have ever stayed at. I will post pics of my stay you judge for yourself!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear John,

Kind Regards,

Econo Lodge,Laramie
kerrville
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

If planning a trip that includes spending a night in Laramie, WY the traveler would be wise to make every effort to avoid staying at The Econo-Lodge there. We had the misfortune to book a non-smoking room there using reward points earned on credit card purchases but when we arrived, with confirmation in hand, we were told that only a smoking room was available. when we presented the desk clerk with our confirmation we were told it didn't matter as no rooms were available. While we were still debating the issue another guest arrived in the same circumstances as ourselves and was afforded the same treatment. The staff was totally ignoring our problem and so we began using our cell phones, making calls to locate other suitable accomodations. While doing so a guest arrived saying they didn't have reservations but would be paying cash for a non-smoking room. They were immediately registered. We were unable to locate other accomodations in Laramie and had no choice but to drive an additional 96 miles to Rawlins. Travelers Beware!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Laramie hotels

Tampa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

Just what you would expect from an Econo Lodge. The good: The staff was pleasant and helpful, the room was large and clean. Pool was warm and clean. Refrigerator and microwave in room was nice. The bad: No fitted sheets on the beds, they used a regular sheet which comes off while you sleep. The breakfast could have used more variety. Most of the lights were burned out/not turned on at the pool at night which made it a little bit creepy. It was the cheapest place in town and we did get our monies worth.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Rifle, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

We were quite surprised as we knew it the Econo Lodge would be a less expensive hotel. The room and bathroom were absolutely clean, The bed was very comfortable. The room did not have a microwave or a fridge, which would have been nice. The breakfast was fine for a quick eat and get on the road. The staff was quite helpful in all aspects of our stay, The hotel is well worth the cost for a nice overnight stay. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Provo, Utah
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

Having never stayed at an Econo Lodge before, and having lower expectations, I was pleasantly surprised; clean beds and a clean room. The rooms and furnishings are out-dated but that is what I expected. What I wasn't happy about was the price. We were just passing through and this was the only hotel that we could find under $100. We paid $89 for the night which is more than I would expect for this quality. Again, the beds were clean and comfortable and that's it. No perks or frills. The clerk at checkout seemed indifferent and even a little rude. It took several minutes just to locate him and that was with the help of a maintenance man.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family