“A pleasant surprise.” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in Laramie
Provo, Utah
“A pleasant surprise.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

Having never stayed at an Econo Lodge before, and having lower expectations, I was pleasantly surprised; clean beds and a clean room. The rooms and furnishings are out-dated but that is what I expected. What I wasn't happy about was the price. We were just passing through and this was the only hotel that we could find under $100. We paid $89 for the night which is more than I would expect for this quality. Again, the beds were clean and comfortable and that's it. No perks or frills. The clerk at checkout seemed indifferent and even a little rude. It took several minutes just to locate him and that was with the help of a maintenance man.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

Our room was fairly large with a king size bed, and included a microwave and a refrigerator. Apparently remodeled fairly recently. Did not use the pool. It had a sign, Closed (for repair?). Continental breakfast was average and included the normal coffee, orange juice, cereals, bread (for toast), etc.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

I had an amazing stay! My wife and I came to Laramie Wyoming for my sons graduation. The staff was amazing,Room was in excellent condition and the pool was a great way to end the day because I love swimming. The Breakfast was okay if your looking for something to get you going then its good. I made my self a sandwich with the hard boiled eggs that they had and i also had a warm waffle with coffee. All and all the hotel was very clean and i would come back again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Billings, MT
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

Where to begin, checked in only to find 2 lights not working, dirty carpet and a toilet tank held together with clear packing tape (see photos). Manager refused to do ANYTHING, even after being asked to at least fix the lights. 2nd day, after making beds and nothing else I found they took some items I had left on the desk. No soaps, shampoo or cups were restocked. Oh, I almost forgot, we had to go to Walmart and but a iron and ironing board as the hotel did not have one, even after statinmg they did when reservation was made. We were there for graduation and needed to iron clothes. You can only imagine how shocked we were to find no iron available.
When I went to the desk, man in jeans came from back (apartment). I asked if he were the manager and he lied and said no. His wife came to the room at 10:00PM with a bar of soap and 1 tube of shampoo. Missing items were never returned. I have been in hotels on business for 25 years and have never seen or been treated like this anywhere in the world.

Room Tip: Stay away from this hotel.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Laramie hotels

Gillette, Wyoming
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

I wish I would have read goingplace's review!!! Uggh what a nightmare this place was....ok it could have been worse, but for 70$, I really expected better....a LOT better! Our family didn't even stay, we left and went to the Day's Inn next door.
Problems: Guy at the front desk was rude to my husband and son who arrived before myself and our 2 girls...room was reserved under my name and he made it a hassle for them and charged an extra 10$ (cash... and the guy wouldn't give my husband a receipt!) for my son to stay, but no hide-a-bed . We were in Laramie attending a graduation and returned at 7PM hoping to enjoy the pool...nope, it was closed. Was going to buy a $1.50 CAN of soda from the vending machine, front desk guy didn't even have change for a $20 and acted like I was crazy for asking. The room was dark, cold, even after turning on the noisy heater several hours before....yuck, what a hole. We cut our losses and went to Day's Inn (got a 3 queen suite for less than what we paid at this dive and they had a decent pool and hot tub with friendly staff!!)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Alamogordo, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012

My family and I recently spent several days at the Econo Lodge (Oct 2012) and had a great experience. The people were friendly and VERY accommodating to our needs, ie extra towels, getting a refrigerator in our room, turning on the lights to the pool when we wanted to swim later, etc. The place and our room was clean, comfortable, and quiet. And the rates were reasonable. The continental breakfast was basic, would like to have had some fresh fruit, but otherwise was good - clean area, milk and juices were cold, and coffee was plentiful. My only disappointment was that the Fitness Room was out of commission. I have no other complaints and would go back there. I'd recommend it to others.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Boise, Idaho
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012

Got stuck in Laramie and stayed because price was reasonable but ended up paying more to cover the medications required after my kids woke up with bed bug bites all over them. Dr. signed letter saying what the bites were and I contacted hotel several times and never got to speak with a manager.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family