“magnificent stay!”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #13 of 20 Hotels in Laramie
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I had an amazing stay! My wife and I came to Laramie Wyoming for my sons graduation. The staff was amazing,Room was in excellent condition and the pool was a great way to end the day because I love swimming. The Breakfast was okay if your looking for something to get you going then its good. I made my self a sandwich with the hard boiled eggs that they had and i also had a warm waffle with coffee. All and all the hotel was very clean and i would come back again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed May 13, 2013

Where to begin, checked in only to find 2 lights not working, dirty carpet and a toilet tank held together with clear packing tape (see photos). Manager refused to do ANYTHING, even after being asked to at least fix the lights. 2nd day, after making beds and nothing else I found they took some items I had left on the desk. No soaps, shampoo or cups were restocked. Oh, I almost forgot, we had to go to Walmart and but a iron and ironing board as the hotel did not have one, even after statinmg they did when reservation was made. We were there for graduation and needed to iron clothes. You can only imagine how shocked we were to find no iron available.
When I went to the desk, man in jeans came from back (apartment). I asked if he were the manager and he lied and said no. His wife came to the room at 10:00PM with a bar of soap and 1 tube of shampoo. Missing items were never returned. I have been in hotels on business for 25 years and have never seen or been treated like this anywhere in the world.

Room Tip: Stay away from this hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 9, 2012

I wish I would have read goingplace's review!!! Uggh what a nightmare this place was....ok it could have been worse, but for 70$, I really expected better....a LOT better! Our family didn't even stay, we left and went to the Day's Inn next door.
Problems: Guy at the front desk was rude to my husband and son who arrived before myself and our 2 girls...room was reserved under my name and he made it a hassle for them and charged an extra 10$ (cash... and the guy wouldn't give my husband a receipt!) for my son to stay, but no hide-a-bed . We were in Laramie attending a graduation and returned at 7PM hoping to enjoy the pool...nope, it was closed. Was going to buy a $1.50 CAN of soda from the vending machine, front desk guy didn't even have change for a $20 and acted like I was crazy for asking. The room was dark, cold, even after turning on the noisy heater several hours before....yuck, what a hole. We cut our losses and went to Day's Inn (got a 3 queen suite for less than what we paid at this dive and they had a decent pool and hot tub with friendly staff!!)

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 18, 2012

My family and I recently spent several days at the Econo Lodge (Oct 2012) and had a great experience. The people were friendly and VERY accommodating to our needs, ie extra towels, getting a refrigerator in our room, turning on the lights to the pool when we wanted to swim later, etc. The place and our room was clean, comfortable, and quiet. And the rates were reasonable. The continental breakfast was basic, would like to have had some fresh fruit, but otherwise was good - clean area, milk and juices were cold, and coffee was plentiful. My only disappointment was that the Fitness Room was out of commission. I have no other complaints and would go back there. I'd recommend it to others.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Got stuck in Laramie and stayed because price was reasonable but ended up paying more to cover the medications required after my kids woke up with bed bug bites all over them. Dr. signed letter saying what the bites were and I contacted hotel several times and never got to speak with a manager.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Not being from WY I knew nothing about the area. Had to bring our child to university. Wanted a nice but reasonable room for our family to explore Laramie for a few days prior to move in day. Called every hotel/motel and Econolodge had the best price and SUPPOSEDLY the amenities we needed. I booked the room from 1000 miles away 2 weeks before our trip. We arrived and immediately felt that sinking feeling because there were hardly no cars in the lot and the motels all around had many more. Tried to be positive because the room was kinda okay and there was a pool. The sign said closed. Told the young man at the desk and he acted funny and said,"oh they added water. It'll be ready in about an hour. Came back and sign was down. However, it was dangerously cold! Again he acted like he was fibbing when he said,"they forgot to turn the heater on. It'll be ready in 30 minutes." We sat by the pool for an hour and the temp didn't change. The young man stayed out of sight the entire time. AND the breakfast!!! It was located down a hallway in a dark room. The milk and juice were sitting in a tiny frig in gallon jugs. Can you serve to the public like that? There was no attendant to watch the food. The food looked like it had set out all night. Nothing was covered. Bread was in a bag for you to stick your hand in. Again is that legal? That's when I read the reviews for this place.(I will always check reviews from now on)!!! Entire place seemed deserted all the time. Creepy. No maid cleaning rooms. Desk clerk hidden. We left without eating and got a different motel and never looked back. Do not stay here. They will say they have a pool and breakfast but not tell you the condition it's in. WON'T be back!

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Good points:
The price was good, but I was afraid after reading some of the reviews on T.A. The room was worth the price. Carpets looked OK to me, they are a dark burgandy color and they would show dirt pretty easy. The room had a micro wave and small fridge. All in all, it was worth the price. We missed the breakfast , because we like to eat at the Chuckwagon while going through Laramie. I had no problems with the man checking me in and out with his accent.

Bad points:
Because my wife has a bad knee and uses a cane, I had requested a ground level room, on checking in, I was told it would be an extra $10. I declined and had to use the steps, (no elavator) Our room was near the stairs and there was a handicap parking spot next to the entry door to the stairs. We have stayed in other motels in Laramie, we judge the ratng we give by the value for the dollar spent. We would stay again here depending on how it matched up with others with the same price.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple