“One of the Best”

Ranked #10 of 19 Hotels in Laramie
Hervey Bay, Australia
“One of the Best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2012

My husband and I pre booked this hotel from Australia before we left for our 3 week road trip. We were very pleasantly surprised. The hotel staff, and especially reception, were extremely welcoming and even called up to our room just after we checked in to find out if everything was to our satisfaction. Something you do not even get in the higher class - upmarket hotels around the world.

The rooms were very clean and well appointed. The big plus for us was when we decided to take a look at the pool spa, as we really needed to relax after a very long drive. Well we opened the door and were very pleasantly surprised to find a fabulous pool area, beautifully tiled, extremely clean with a good size jacuzzi, which was at a great temperature. We spent a good hour just relaxing (they had pool side chairs you could lie on), using the spa and having a swim....fabulous.

The breakfast was included and was more than adequate. The tariff was extremely reasonable. Again the reception staff were exceptional when we asked about somewhere to eat for dinner. The place they suggested lived up to their great comments.

I feel our Australian Hotels need to take a leaf out of this chain's books. Wherever we stayed the service, rooms, amenities and free breakfasts far outweigh anything we have in Australia. This is what you call VALUE FOR MONEY GUYS !!! GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER AUSTRALIA.

I can definitely recommend this particular Comfort Inn if you are ever in Laramie - which in itself is a great place to visit.

Room Tip: We always respectfully request the 'quietest' room they can provide.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ozzie47
ComfortInn-Laramie, Director of Sales at Quality Inn & Suites University, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Thank you so much for your comments. We are honored by your review and recommendation. I was glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit to Laramie, and I hope you will come and see us if you are ever in this part of the world again. Thank you again for taking the time to tell others about your visit.

Comfort Inn ~ Your Host in Laramie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Lander, Wyoming
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2012

Spending a week away from home for a convention isn't always a pleasure, however . . . The staff at Laramie's Comfort Inn was welcoming and accommodating. Our room was clean and spacious, and the work area more than adequate. There was a large variety of breakfast foods to choose from, and the dining area was very well kept. Hats off to staff and management of the Laramie Comfort Inn!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review! I'm glad we could be your home away from home while you were in Laramie. We look forward to serving you again in the near future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2012

We've stayed here a number of times and the inn seems to hold up well even with all the University of Wyoming demands. We arrived at the beginning of a regional Civil Engineering competition, so the place was packed with excited engineers. Since I'm a semi-retired Civil Engineer, I had a blast with the young folks. Despite the crowd the room was very quiet and the front desk friendly and accommodating. They seem to know about every eatery in town and are adroit at directions. The WiFi was great and I managed to knock out some work in the quiet evening and morning.

It's an older motel but very well maintained and updated. We enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: Even though Grand Avenue is busy, there are few trucks and the design of the motel puts most rooms w...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Popcorn-Billy
ComfortInn-Laramie, Director of Sales at Quality Inn & Suites University, responded to this review, May 17, 2012
Thank you for your review. I'm glad our large groups didn't disturb you while you were here and you enjoyed your stay. I know how important it is to have a comfortable and quiet place to rest after a long day of traveling or visiting. I hope we will get to see you again soon and that we may be able to offer you excellent service once again. Thank you for choosing and recommending the Comfort Inn of Laramie.

Comfort Inn Laramie ~ Your Host in Laramie
Erie
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2012

This place is immaculately kept, the rooms are more than adequate and very, very comfortable! The exercise room has a good variety of top notch equipment, the pool and hot tub are kept pristine. Friendly, warm and more than accommodating. The breakfast was even very nice for a Comfort Inn: standard fare, but nicely prepared and presented. Even the parking lot was clean, though a bit confusing. We would stay here again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank DioNMike
I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. It was wonderful to have you and we look forward to serving you again soon. It is very important to us that our guests have a positive experience while they are in Laramie and I am so glad you did. Thank you for your business and for your comments. Please let us know when you are in town again, and we will be sure to have your room ready!

Clearwater, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2011

In appearances, this is an above average Comfort Inn. The reception area was attractive, and check-in/out was easy. There was a pool and small fitness center that looked pretty nice, as well as a business center. My room was large and had a desk as well as a table with two chairs. There was also a fridge, microwave, and coffee maker. The wireless internet worked well. The breakfast area was a large, separate room near the lobby, and was very clean and updated. The food was laid out nicely and there were plenty of choices.

However, many of the breakfast items were stale or rotten (particularly the biscuits, muffins, and apples). There weren't many guests staying there, so I wonder if they reused the food from one day to the next and didn't really check its quality. The heater in the room was loud and very hard to control - either it was blasting very hot air or cold air with no in between. The hot air had a funny odor. The shower had a curtain but not a liner, so either the curtain got drenched, or the bathroom floor did. I was then awoken at 5am by the room's alarm clock which had never been un-set from the previous guest, which meant I got 3 hours less sleep than I intended.

Overall it was still a decent value for the area (especially with AAA discount) and I felt safe here traveling alone. The staff was very friendly. There are many glowing reviews about this place, but just make sure to remember that it is a Comfort Inn, and while it's one of the better ones I've seen, it is what it is.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Nyllie
ComfortInn-Laramie, Director of Sales at Quality Inn & Suites University, responded to this review, December 20, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to provide an honest and detailed review of our property. We truly appreciate your comments and feedback so we can know how to better improve our service to our guests. I was especially disturbed to hear of the problems you encountered with the breakfast items. Because I do not know exactly when you stayed, I am unable to determine what went wrong that morning, but we have taken new measures to ensure the freshness and quality of our breakfast items every morning. I am very sorry you did not find things as they should be. We have also taken measures to correct the other problems you had during your stay, including the heater, water temperature and alarm clocks. Our number one priority is to make sure our guests are comfortable and enjoy a home away from home while they are in Laramie. I am sorry you did not experience this and I thank you for helping us improve. We hope we will see you again and exceed your expectations in the future.

Laramie, Wyoming
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2011

Can't say enough good things about this hotel. The staff went out of there way to make me feel at home. I stay in Laramie about once a month and this place is the cleanest place in town. Not to mention the staff knows all the hot spots in town. GREAT GREAT hotel!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank ROBERT N
Thank you for your enthusiastic response! It is always a pleasure to take care of our guests and we are so happy to hear that you enjoy your stays with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2011

The staff really goes out of their way to make sure you are comfortable and have a 1st class experience.. Just 1 example; I had to leave on my trip @ 5:00 AM and the staff (girl at the counter) wanted to make sure I had some free pastries to take with me as I was going to miss the breakfast. That is just 1 of several examples she performed to assure a pleasant stay...A real asset to Comfort Inn. Highly recommend. If you want to know how to keep your customers coming back, take lessons here!!!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
ComfortInn-Laramie, Director of Sales at Quality Inn & Suites University, responded to this review, October 17, 2011
Thank you so much for the taking the time to post your review. We strive to give our guests the best comfort and service possible while they are away from home, and I am so glad that you experienced those things during your stay. Thank you for sharing your experience with others. We look forward to having you back.