“Good nights sleep”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Laramie
Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Laramie
Reviewed August 28, 2010

Excellent staff; good pool and workout area and very clean rooms. What a business or mobile traveler needs.

Stayed there a couple of times, warmest indoor pool water I have experienced, and will come back.

For those who have read my reviews; you know that I rate based upon the type of hotel--- expensive resort different than a business/mobile hotel. This is a higher rate as a mobile/business over night stay. A very high value.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed August 10, 2010

This hotel is fairly new, clean, located just off the interstate, but far enough away that you do not hear the traffic. It is a no frills hotel, and a nice place to get some sleep.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 10, 2010

New hotel located a bit set back from the interstate but you still hear it. Rooms are decorated in a modern stylish fashion. Very comfortable bed. Joe at the front desk is great.

My room reeked of either Fabeze or some type of room "freshener". I didn't bother changing the room because I figured they all smelled like that. When I opened the window for some fresh air it was dark out. The next morning I relaized there was a recent used cigarette butt hidden behind the frame. Now I'm guessing someone had smoked in the room prior and the excess perfume smell was due to trying to get rid of the smell. Either way all the clothes in my suitcase now reek of Fabreze and I'll have to do laundry again at the next stop.

Decent breakfast but as usual at these places they had a TV that no one was watching blaring away. They also had music playing in the breakfast room so it was quite a cacophony as you had the TV and music competing with each other. If it was up to me they would turn both off.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed August 1, 2010

We stayed here for three nights here in July while doing a campus visit to the University of Wyoming and checking out the sights in and around Laramie. I made the reservation online through the Marriot website. We had a two queen suite, which was 2 beds and a tv in a room separated by a small dividing wall and a sofa bed with another tv in that room. the bathroom was very large, and it may have been a room to allow accessibilty to those with disabilites, but since I didn't see other rooms, can't say for sure that all the bathrooms are this way. We had a microwave and minifridge, too. The price with AAA was $110., which I thought was reasonable compared to the other area hotels I checked online and they didn't have micro & fridge. There is a pool which my kids used, was very cloudy the first 2 days, but they worked on it and it cleared up. The breakfast area was kept well stocked and was typical: make your own waffles, hot & cold cereal, also breakfast sandwiches to microwave. i liked that you could go out on the patio by the breakfast area and eat. There was also a patio by the pool, which I relaxed at while the kids were swimming, by late in the day there is shade and with a breeze it was nice. The hotel is right of I-80, but it was quiet. Our room faced west towards the travel plaza on the adjacent road that comes off the highway, but even with the window open at night, Iit was quiet. The only thing I heard that woke me during the stay was a very loud motorcycle. My family all liked the beds. At first glance because we came from eastbound I-80, I thought the hotel might be out of the way, but it wasn't. It was a 5 minute ride to campus, quicker if the lights are with you, really easy. The staff was good at giving directions and making recommendations on where to eat. One thing that all of us commented on were the heavy hotel room doors. Maybe this is why the rooms are so quiet, but they are the heaviest hotel room doors I have ever encountered. Not sure it's a negative, just an observation. I did laundry while there and the room was very clean and the equipment in good working order with large capacity. There's an exercise room but I didn't use it. Should my son decide on U of WY we will not hesitate to stay there again. One note about location: train tracks go through downtown Laramie, by staying at the Fairfield Inn we were not subjected to the train noise/whistle. If you decided to stay downtown, check a map and see how close you will be to the tracks.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank UkieFinnGirl
Reviewed July 21, 2010

The hotel is new and the staff was great. If you are going to stay in Laramie it is a great choice. Not downtown, but the downtown is not that memorable anyway and it is an easy drive to go downtown to the brew pub, recommended by the hotel clerk. The rooms are a little small, but they are new and clean.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 15, 2010

Stayed here after over 16 hours on the road, the first day of a 2 week family vacation. We were exhausted & this hotel was a surprise! Awesome service & very clean! Definetly a Fairfield Inn fan now!!!

Reviewed July 2, 2010

We stayed at this hotel on a cross country move. We liked the hotel but it wasn't exactly what we were looking for. The decor throughout the hotel is very modern with bright colors and contemporary furniture. It's very nice and new, but not quite our style. We like more soothing tones. The room was clean and nicely furnished but slightly smaller than other rooms we've had. Also, I had hoped the bathroom would be slightly better lit, but it was very clean. These were all things that I could live with. Overall, we enjoyed our stay. The first room we went to smelled strongly of fresh flower cleaner, so we decided to ask for a different room since it made us slightly nauseous. The clerk moved us no questions asked. Also, he gave us free bottled waters when we left. We appreciated this since we had 12 hours of driving ahead of us. Also, the location is very safe if you are worried about the safety of your vehicle. We were towing a trailer and had the back of our car loaded with cargo so we were concerned about safety. Overall, we liked this hotel and would return.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple