“Complete rip-off”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Laramie
Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Laramie
Reviewed August 29, 2011

When we arrived they were unable to find our reservations so we had to dig them out to prove we had them. When we returned home we found that we had been triple charged on our credit card. When I called on the 19th I was told nobody could help me but the manager who would not be in for a couple days. The manager "Judy M" never came in I guess because I had to call again the 27th and she was still "GONE". When I called today the manager "Judy" was very rude. She did find the problem and offered me half my money back. Only when I stated the I was going to my bank to do a charge back did she agree to refund my money. Through all of this she refused to let me speak to her boss.

3  Thank shane W

Reviewed August 26, 2011

This is a nice faily new clean hotel. Good service. Good breakfast. No complaints except the elevator floor was very dirty and according to other guest staying there the floor had been dirty for several days. Maids were using the elevator so there was no excuse for this. Only other negative was that juice was not chilled.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 24, 2011

We have stayed in several Laramie hotels during college tours, orientation, then move-in. This was the nicest hotel of all. Very new, clean, extremely comfortable beds and pillows, great shower, quiet. We did not try the indoor pool but it seemed clean and new. It is located off I-80, only 10 minutes from downtown and the university, in an area that looks like it will be developing but is still quiet. We will make this our first choice for future visits during the next four years.

Room Tip: Book directly and ask about discounts for University students and families.
1  Thank WYn0t
Reviewed August 22, 2011

We liked this hotel - nice and new - on the west side of town but close to downtown. We had a handicapped accessible room on the second floor - the bathroom had a notice that the shower was subject to flooding and there was a stack of extra towels to mop it up. There was a drain in the shower and one in the middle of the room - as it was an open shower. Boy did it flood. It made being in the bathroom very dangerous.

This hotel chain doesn't have refrigerators which we had come to like on this trip so we missed that but we did have a window that opened and it had a good screen on it.

When we checked out,we complained about the shower and the clerk said ours was much better than the one on the first floor. They have a lot of complaints but no fixes.

So skip this place if you need an accessible rooom.

Room Tip: Don't get an accessible room
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bensus
Reviewed August 18, 2011

booked month and a half in advance. Called to verify lodging and get approval for use of a coupon and was told a-okay. Arrived and room not as expected. Also would not honor coupon (which made the hotel more expensive than the better ones closer to the UWYO campus. All hotels in town booked for the weekend so we were stuck. "We promise to always give you the service that will make you want to return..." Don't think so. Manager would not honor what her employees stated on the phone and wanted to argue about why they were right. Too many other nice hotels in Laramie to ever come back. Especially since this one is located way on the outskirts next to a dusty truckstop with no close access to any venues. Nosiy highway traffic.

2  Thank poipoi29494
Reviewed August 16, 2011

I have so much enjoyed staying at Marriott. This is a top notch Fairfield. Comfortable beds, nice clean rooms, and great staff. Breakfast is Ok. I am a Bacon and eggs girl myself but the yogart and fruit was fine. There is also juice, coffee, cold cereal and instant oatmeal. There is plenty of parking in the well lighted parking lot.

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed August 8, 2011

This is a newer Fairfield and is a great representation of the brand's updated design/decoration. Fairfield in general has come a long way with their overhaul - sure it costs a little more now but it is still a good value. The Laramie Fairfield is located just off the interstate and had plenty of parking. The entire building appeared clean and well taken care of. Then staff was great and everything from the sink to the elevator worked without a problem. No complaints!!! Will stay at the Laramie Fairfield whenever I am traveling through the area.

• Stayed: August 2011