“Basic motel”

Super 8 Laramie
Super 8 Laramie
Ranked #11 of 20 Hotels in Laramie
Reviewed August 21, 2012

I had read many of the reviews on this place before checking in here and I was hesitant to stay. However, I was pretty happy with my experience. They do accept pets and we were traveling with several and the up charge wasn't too outrageous.

The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The bathroom is very small though -- expect some close quarters in there. In addition, the shower head seems to be situated for shorter people.

The continental breakfast in the morning wasn't gourmet by any means, but there was ample food and I was able to make a decent breakfast out of it.

Yes, the building is a bit rundown, there are no extra amenities (pool / jacuzzi / fitness room) and is in a desolate part of town, but overall we were happy with our experience and would stay here again if we were passing through.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed August 1, 2012

This is your average Super 8. The staff was very friendly when we arrived. We were moving across country with 3 kids, 2 cats, and 1 dog, and they were helpful telling us where we could park our moving truck. We got a room with 3 beds, which was nice. Our bill was very high (over $200) because of their pet fees. I don't think I would stay there again because of that, as we can stay at much nicer places with much lower fees. I rated the swimming pool as terrible because it was out of service when we were there, which was a big deal for us having travelled with kids all day-they always want to swim after sitting in the car all day.

Reviewed July 22, 2012

Old musty smell, live bugs in the room, bug traps in the halls. Pictures on the web are not a true description of the rooms, dining area, front desk or breakfast area. Tried to check out soon after checking in, and so far have been charged $280.00 for two unused nights. When trying to check out, the person at the front just argued and refused to work with us. Would never ever return.

1  Thank Nancy a
Reviewed July 21, 2012

I was not impressed with the location, it is off the road, behind a truck stop and was hard to find. I arrived around 10 pm after a long day of driving. The customer service at checkin was good.

My breaking point was when I went into my room and found feces smeared on the back of the toilet seat! I called the front desk for a cleaner, so the receptionist had to come up to clean; she was the only one there. She offered a different room which it refused knowing the same housekeeper likely "cleaned" them all. It took 3 trips for her to bring the correct size for a new set of sheets. On the 3rd trip the manager or owner came along and offered many apologies. It took about an hour before we were settled in. We checked out about 4 am and the same manager/owner was there to help me. She gave me my bill and I asked for a discount. She offered only $12 off the cost of the room!

Under no circumstances would I even consider staying again. To miss something as huge and obvious as feces on the toilet seat means that someone is likely missing a lot more that I wasn't able to see.

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group
1  Thank AllD8
Reviewed July 5, 2012

We stayed here on the way to Yellowstone. The hotel is not well lighted and off the beaten path. Upon arrival, we were disappointed in the overall look of the hotel. The lobby and common areas smelled of smoke, appeared dirty and in need of updates. Once in the non-smoking room, things got better. It was clean and comfortable, but certainly nothing fancy. We were there for a short ten hours and got a decent night's sleep. The complimentary breakfast was nothing special.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 25, 2012

My daughter and I stayed at the Super 8 in Laramie this past March when looking at colleges. When trying to find it, we were kidding about being on the "wrong side of the tracks". But we were pleasantly surprised. The rooms were just fine. We felt safe. In fact we stayed there again on our way back from Utah. The Ritz it is not, but it is inexpensive and we were comfortable. I will be staying there again in August when I bring my daughter to UW! I will let you know if I feel the same then!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 22, 2012

Stuck out behind a truck stop, this totally unremarkable motel is the pits! no pool no anything. Near absolutely nothing except a truck stop, plan on driving awhile if you want anything to eat. The ground floor is half below ground so you have an eye level view of the parking lot from your window. There was a motor-home/tour bus parked outside our room that ran it's generator all night while the occupants ran in and out of the motel after showering. We settled on calling out for pizza and NEVER staying here again. On our way home we detoured Laramie and went to Rawlins WY. instead. No more Super 8's for us!

Room Tip: Don't stay here if you want a "good" room!