“Yuck can't begin to cover it”
Review of Super 8 Laramie

Super 8 Laramie
Super 8 Laramie
Jarbidge, Nevada
“Yuck can't begin to cover it”
Reviewed June 22, 2012

Stuck out behind a truck stop, this totally unremarkable motel is the pits! no pool no anything. Near absolutely nothing except a truck stop, plan on driving awhile if you want anything to eat. The ground floor is half below ground so you have an eye level view of the parking lot from your window. There was a motor-home/tour bus parked outside our room that ran it's generator all night while the occupants ran in and out of the motel after showering. We settled on calling out for pizza and NEVER staying here again. On our way home we detoured Laramie and went to Rawlins WY. instead. No more Super 8's for us!

Room Tip: Don't stay here if you want a "good" room!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jim L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Saint Louis Park, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed June 21, 2012

As others have said, wouldn't stay there again if you paid me. First, we go into the room and there was a used bar of soap in the shower, fridge was broken so all the food we had rotted, the pillows were all flat, stale doughnuts at breakfast. Room was just dirty, linens looked unwashed, not to mention the linens going into the rooms sat on the couch in the lobby for at least an hour unattended. I went down to the front desk at one point during the afternoon to get a key due to being locked out of my room and 5 employees were sitting around eating and watching me stand there politely waiting. i stood at the desk for 3 minutes before i finally asked if someone could help me by getting me a key to my room that worked, i was down there 15 minutes just to get a working key to my room. The worst of it all as we were willing to over look the rest was we were quoted a certain price, we went to check out and found out they were going to over-charge us. We complained about it and they told us the night guy was an idiot and that he quoted us the wrong price and we wouldn't be getting the rate we were quoted after 2 calls prior to our stay, They told us the rates went up then proceeded to charge us $2 more then the rate they had told us. We tried to say they were wrong and the actual manager of the hotel screamed at us for at least 20 minutes saying we were wrong and told us to get out right then, so we checked out 10 minutes later happily. As we were leaving the manager and a man who i assume was her husband stopped us and screamed some more telling us we were wrong/called us lairs and literally screamed in my mothers face. So glad to be out of there. DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL, I've stayed at a ton of super 8's across the country due to traveling a lot and I've never seen a hotel as bad as this one.

Room Tip: Don't go to this hotel!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

2 Thank Katy_katt

Travelers are raving about these Laramie hotels

Leeds, England
Reviewed June 18, 2012

More of a truck stop than a motel. Right on the edge of town where a dirt road starts. Bed dirty in first room offered, moved to another where the ceiling smoke detector was bleeping. Went down to reception and they gave me a battery !!!! By this time, having driven 400miles that day, I fixed the detector. Worst Super 8 experience ever.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Corky100
Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed June 4, 2012

We stayed at the Laramie Super 8 the evening of the May 5 UW graduation. We had reserved a king, nonsmoking room on the Super 8 website in January. Upon arriving at the motel at 9PM, we were told there were was only a double queen, smoking room left, and since it was after the 6pm cancellation time, we would need to pay for the room if we didn't stay, even tho it wasn't what we had reserved. The room stunk, as did the entire motel. When we pulled out the dresser to plug in the "air purifier" we discovered a pair of women's panties! The door to the room did not latch closed. There was a hair (not ours) on the pillow. The price was substancially higher than the much nicer Comfort Inn we stayed the evening before enroute to Laramie. They couldn't pay us to stay here again!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sally45667
Newcastle, Wyoming
Reviewed May 6, 2012

Let me start by saying that I'm not really picky but I don't like to stay anywhere that isn't clean. This hotel was absolutely nasty! When I walked in they had the bath towels folded on the very unclean couch in the lobby and the lobby was very smokey. The hallway smelled like urine and my room was not very clean either. Don't believe the positive reviews for this hotel, as a matter of fact, an older couple came out to the desk while I was out there and demanded their money back because this place was so bad.

Room Tip: Stay on the east side of Laramie instead.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Ron B
Denver, CO
Reviewed May 6, 2012

I wouldn't stay here again if you paid me. The hotel room was dirty and when we arrived there was no hot water. I called the desk to report the water problem. We weren't able to take showers for our event. The next morning, still no hot water. When I called the front desk, they had nothing to say. I asked for compensation and nothing was offered. This hotel was horrible and I would drive to Cheyenne first before staying here again. Save yourself the trouble and don't book here!!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Susan S
Worland, Wyoming
Reviewed February 20, 2012

We booked this through a 3rd party, only to arrive at the hotel and be told we had a smoking room reservation and they had just sold out of the smoking rooms. I said we need not need a smoking room and had not reserved a smoking room. The gal at the front desk said she could not put us in a nonsmoking room, although they had plenty available, as our reservation was not for a nonsmoking room. We called who we had made reservations through, who in turn called the hotel, and still the front desk person would not give us a room. We ended up going elsewhere because we were not going to pay again to stay here. I have had 3 bad experiences with Super 8 in the past 3 stays. I am through with them.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family