“Turn the lights out in Larmaie”
Review of Motel 6 Laramie

Motel 6 Laramie
Ranked #15 of 19 Hotels in Laramie
Folsom, California
“Turn the lights out in Larmaie”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

It is not cheap to stay at Motel 6, regardless of where you find them. I'm not real fussy, and this may seem picky to some, but this is not a place I will stay again. The water temperature varied quite a bit, the bed was next to the wall, so I had to crawl over my wife if I wanted to get up during the night. The bed was very hard, harder than I would expect. Maybe I should not have told them I had a cat. We ended up in what I would consider a vets office décor and floor. I think I would rather sleep out with the cowboy on the range next time.

Room Tip: Don't stay here....
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed September 11, 2013

We stayed here during a trip back home from Oregon for our daughters wedding. Clean room, Comfortable bed. A bit expensive for a Motel 6 but was tired and wanted out of the car. No complaints what so ever

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Lexington, Massachusetts
Reviewed September 1, 2013

From my searches, hotels in Wyoming seemed to be on the whole more expensive than elsewhere, but this was a good deal. My room was nice and everything worked well in it. It came with a fridge too. The man at check in was very helpful and nice too. The TV got about 30 channels.

The hotel is located next to I-80 and a railroad, so noise can be an issue at night. There is nowhere to eat within walking distance.

One other note, finding the entrance to the place was a little difficult. When getting off the main road that crosses the highway and goes into downtown, stay on the smaller road as you pass the hotel near the turnoff, and pass the large store. On the left, there is a small road that leads to the entrance. That road is not in the best of shape.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Whitehouse, Texas
Reviewed August 22, 2013

This is our second Motel 6 to stay in within the past week and apparently they have tried to improve their image. Our room had been repainted and linoleum floor had replaced the carpet. The bathroom has been modernized with a corner shower and bowl sink. Now the room is not large but it is clean and comfortable for a nights rest. It is a good value for today prices. It is a little tricky to get to. It is located behind the Ramada Inn. Wifi is for all day and not for a few minutes like others are.

Room Tip: Senior rate is better than the AARP rate.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Madras, Oregon
Reviewed August 4, 2013

The front desk was very kind and even called the room to make sure everything was to our liking. Room was basic but a good value for the reasonable cost. I don't know that I have ever paid extra for WiFi, but $2.99 was reasonable. Towels were a little thin, but I was able to get extras without problem.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mrsmithrn
Riverton, Wyoming
Reviewed August 3, 2013

For $49 night you get good value for your money. No hair dryer, shampoo or lotion but remember this is a "Budget" place to say and I always have the above items in my travel bag so no biggie that they are not provided. The Internet connection was fast and I had no problem buffering and watching movies on Netflix. Another plus this place has new large LG flat screen Televisions with HDMI and RGB inputs in the back making it convenient to use a laptop to watch movies. I have to travel with an oxygen concentrator for sleeping and another plus at this motel is that there are plenty of easily accessible outlets to plug into. My room though "Spartan" was clean and comfortable, the staff was friendly so If your on a budget and your not spoiled and expecting silk purse accommodations at very low price this is a great place to stay.

I see where one review complained about the nearby Interstate so will mention that there is a US Postal facility between the motel and the Interstate and I was in a room facing the direction of the Interstate and once my door was closed I heard no traffic noise.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Wy_oldtimer
Gainesville
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Pros: low price, very clean, comfy pillows/bed.

Cons: constant roar of big rigs going down the interstate less than 300 yards away. Close to train tracks. No free WiFi (seriously?). Paper-thin walls. Difficult turn onto frontage road.

While I'm ok with most other aspects of the hotel, if I can't actually sleep then it's all a FAIL. Right now a freight train is going by blowing it's horn (11:45PM).

If you're hard of hearing or sleep with earplugs and don't mind the lack of free WiFi, this could work for you. Otherwise, you can do better.

• Stayed August 2013
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Laramie, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Dear John S - While we're glad to hear that you found a clean a comfortable room with us, we sincerely apologize for the noise and disturbances you encountered during your recent stay. Thank you for sharing your feedback; we take it very seriously and will take it into consideration as we work to improve our guests' experience with us.

Travelers are raving about these Laramie hotels