“Best Motel 6 ever”

Ranked #15 of 19 Hotels in Laramie
Massachusetts
“Best Motel 6 ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013

I'm picky when it comes to smells, cleanliness and noise... This motel was perfect- and priced right on a Sunday night.

It seems that maybe they had recently renovated... the floors were wood laminate (genius in a motel, in my opinion) and the walls seemed freshly painted, three in cream and the wall behind the bed in a burnt orange color that matched the highlights in the simple blankets on the bed. Everything was super clean and the bed was really comfortable.

The heat was on all night (since the temperatures were negative outside), which minimized any noise that might have come from the freeway outside the windows.

It is a bit confusing to get here from the highway but if once you arrive, the price is right for a comfortable night's stay.

Room Tip: I'm not sure if they are all newly renovated so you might as well ask.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank rangergirl73

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

I took a trip out to California and back from Wisconsin and stayed in close to a dozen hotels and motels on the way, and this was one of the best. They had the best bathroom I have ever seen at a motel especially because it had a walk-in shower rather than the old bath tub showers you alwasy see. They had HBO and they gave me a deal on free WIFI. My only complaint is that the blanket on the bed was very thin so I brought in a special quilt my mother made me when I graduated high school to add to the thickness. Unfortunately I accidentally left it there when I left and did not realize I was missing it until I returned to Wisconsin. I called them up and they were very helpful in getting me my quilt back. They were happy to ship it to me and did not give me a hard time. Very good experience for a Motel6.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Rochert, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012

I came to Laramie for my son's graduation this winter. It took me a minute to find but once that I got on the right road I saw signs that pointed me in the right direction. Thank godness for the signs because once I got there I was impressed its one of the nicest Motel 6s Ive stayed at. The lobby was neat and clean. The room was also newly remodled the flat screen tv's are really nice. I liked how clean and fresh it smelled in our room. I will be staying at this motel whenever in the area. Thanks to the nice staff.

Room Tip: Right behind the office was really quite. And not much traffic
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Richard A, Manager at Motel 6 Laramie, responded to this review, December 16, 2012
Thank you very much for the kind words about our Motel 6 in laramie wy .feed back is always welcome and hope to see you on your next trip to wy .
Sincerly
Rich Allison .
Canton, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

Just wanted a place to sleep, and the hotel was very comfortable for that. The constant train noise would have been annoying if I didn't travel with a box fan, however. Tara, the desk clerk, was very helpful when I told her I had transmission trouble and spent time giving me numbers to mechanics. It is a little annoying to pay for internet nowadays, but not a bank breaker either. Very clean.

Room Tip: Maybe facing away from the train tracks
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Katy, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

The good: The hotel allows pets and doesn't charge anything for them, the maid service and front desk service was very nice, it was cheaper than anything else I saw in the area, and it's not that far from downtown and the university. The ok: The room itself was nothing special. The bed was hard as a rock, the bathroom was odd, but functional, the heating/cooling was very temperamental, the flooring was all wood (laminate) throughout (kind of cold at night). The not so great: Even though the hotel is not that far from the downtown and the university, the location isn't great (it's pretty much right off the freeway (I-80) so you will have a lot of traffic noise. If you are a light sleeper take ear plugs), it's somewhat hard to get to, there was no alarm clock in the room, and we barely got 2 towels for drying off after showers for two people (I would have preferred at least one extra towel since I tend to need one for my hair since it's very thick and hard to dry, but that said I never asked for an extra one). But considering the price and the pet policy if I happen to need to be back in Laramie I will probably stay here again.

Room Tip: Try to ask for a room near the office since that faces away from the freeway. The room we were in w...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Vancouver, Washington, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

i stayed there in June when i got in to my room i was surprised to see how nice it was but i noticed my air conditioner didn't work . i told the front desk and they moved me to a new room right away the a/c worked had a great night sleep thanks to the whole staff

Room Tip: it is Laramie WY it very quiet
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Tom L
Las Vegas, Nevada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2012 via mobile

Gross, small moldy smelling rooms, smallest tv I've ever seen, air con does not work bathroom is a disgrace.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank cityboy_nz

Travelers are raving about these Laramie hotels