“Bare minimums”
Review of Ramada Laramie

Ramada Laramie
Ranked #20 of 20 Hotels in Laramie
Reviewed February 13, 2012

We wanted a cheap room for a one night stay, but didn't realize how many trains passed by. Well now we know. It starts around 10pm and didn't stop until at least 2am. Constant train noise and loud train noise it was. The room was decently clean for a 1980's built inn. The breakfast was good, biscuits and gravy, scrambled eggs and hash browns, small danishes, make your own waffles, cereal, oj, milk, toast, oatmeal, apples. The other problem was the hot tub had a leak and was closed off, a priority for us. Next time we visit any 'inn' we will check the train/noise and swimming amenities before booking, but we won't be staying here again. Other than that, we had no major problems with the staff or room.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank quicktrips4
sharjeel h, General Manager at Ramada Laramie, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2012

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. Yes, unfortunately, we do have a train track near by. Some of our rooms do face the train tracks, however, we do have many rooms on the other side of the hotel and will do our best to accomodate anyone wanting to be way from the noise. We are very sorry for the hotel tub being out of order on your stay. We hope if you are ever traveling through Laramie in the future, we hope you will give us another try.

Reviewed January 22, 2012

We had to walk through the breezeway to get to our room. Right in front of the door the concrete was gone and it was covered with ply wood. There were massive pot holes in the parking lot, all of the ice machines on the entire property were broken, the breakfast room was disgusting. There was a water hose filling the pool and the pool was over flowing.The hotel overall was very run down and I absolutely can not believe Ramada's name is on this property, even in the lobby it said this hotel was run by the Wyndham. The company should be ahamed of themselves.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank willow s
Reviewed September 12, 2011

We are Laramie regulars as we are UW alums. We have stayed in several area hotels. This is the worst I have ever seen---anywhere. Our first time here was the LAST. Our door was so out of plumb that you could see daylight on three sides. Our room was FILTHY and the bathroom and vanity area had one working switch that turned on everything, except an exhaust fan. One of the plugs was black and broken...can you say HAZARD? But their thoughtful staff had provided a power strip next to it. The dried vomit just outside our door all over the wall was an extra nice touch--so gross. We requested a room change, no luck. And they would not let us cancel our stay without charging at that point...even IF we could find another room in town (it's football season). We should have slept in our car. The bartender in the hotel "lounge" could not figure out how to serve soda from the bar soda machine, so was forced to use cans from the soda machine. She served everyone who entered (no IDs needed), and confessed she had never been trained to tend bar, poor thing. First round was on her because of all the gnats in the drink. Not kidding. Breakfast lady was delightful. Truly the only highlight of the nightmare. The morning desk clerk was sweet, but felt sorry for us. Said our room was the worst on the property. The manager? He would not return our phone call or talk to us when we checked out...."he just left" was what we were told. We, obviously, were so disturbed by our room that we were requesting a refund. Still waiting to hear from him.

Room Tip: I will never stay here again. The car would be a better option.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank kboco
Reviewed August 17, 2011

I will start off with the only positive thing I can say . Both at check in and check out the young girls were extremely friendly .
Our room was on the ground floor at the back . Train tracks were close by and it seemed as though they would come through the room at times . I was so exhausted from a long days drive , I actually didn't get woken up , which surprised me . The lock on the window seemed flimsy . There were no actual curtains , just sheer , beige drapes that I could lay in bed and see someone in the building across the parking lot ! We walked around outside our room and looked in and could see everything clearly . Most of the communal areas looked rundown or abandoned . I wouldn't dare use the ice in the machine . We went to get juice in the morning and as we pushed the button for orange juice a bunch of fruit flies swarmed up at us . Many of the doors didn't close properly . I'd agree with the other reviews on all the other complaints too .
If this was in a larger city and not a relatively low crime town , I would have not felt safe staying the night . I was speechless when the girl told us as we were checking out that the coupon we used saved us $30 ! There is no way the total price should have been that much ! The free wifi only worked when I huddled up against the door , putting a towel on the floor because it didn't look clean .

Room Tip: Motel 6 is close by
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Skwiki
Reviewed July 28, 2011

The hallway was a little musty, but our rooms were pretty nice. The carpet and bedspreads look newer and the rooms were clean. The bathroom was clean and neat as well. The pool was ok, but very cold, and spa was broken. The breakfast was very good. Really liked the selection they had. The kids loved making their own waffles. The staff was nice, but we had to ask for more toilet paper from the cleaning crew even though they had just been in our room to clean up. The parking lot left alot to be desired. There were lots of potholes. But overall I would stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Debfugeat
Reviewed July 22, 2011

Hallways nasty. Pool filthy. Spa not working. Door locks weak. Bathroom stool loose from floor. I went through the mountains on dirt roads that were better than the driveways and parking lots. Price probably been WAY too high if we hadn't gotten a discount for staying longer than four days. Couldn't call front desk from room phone. Breakfast was good; lots of choices and food kept fresh.

Room Tip: beds sloppily made; carpets stained; room smelled of smoke.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 20, 2011

Do not stay here. Sleep in your car. Can't believe the place is even in business and if I had not already booked (and paid for) this place on http://Hotels.com I would have kept driving when I pulled into the parking lot. Potholes? Do they have earthquakes in Wyoming? The sidewalk and parking lot looked like they had been hit with a 7.8 on the Richter scale. Broken windows and doors. The first room they gave me was full of dog hair and (perhaps) human hair as well. When I asked for a room that a dog had not been in I was told that the entire hotel was "dog friendly" and "dog week" had just occurred.

My second room had no dog hair, but reeked of dog. The comforters were stained, there was mold on the shower ceiling and the curtains were filthy. I slept on top of my bed in all my clothes and a hoodie over my head and left first thing in the morning. No way was I sticking around for the "free breakfast" (can you imagine!?). No, I drove 90 miles at 90 mph to Rawlins and had an Egg McMuffin!

Ramada should be ashamed to have their name associated with this property. As Bette Davis said, "What a dump."

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo