“The best place in town!”
Review of Cowfish

Cowfish
Ranked #1 of 32 Restaurants in Lander
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 1st
Description: Located inside a historic and beautifully restored 100 year old brick building, Cowfish offers a fun and lively atmosphere paired with excellent food and knowledgeable service. Our menu features hand cut steaks, local grass fed burgers, fresh fish and our innovative pastas and salads. All our beers are brewed on site by the Lander Brewing Co. Its popular lineup of refreshing, made from scratch microbrews includes beers that have won awards at the Great American Beer festival, the World Beer Cup and other competitions. Enjoy a romantic dinner in our candlelit dining room or a more casual dining experience in our pub. In the summer, we offer the added attraction of dining on our outdoor patio under a trellis of wild Cascade hops.
Reviewed September 21, 2013

The Cowfish is one of those pleasant surprises as you don't expect a restaurant of its quality in such a small town as Lander. The other surprise was their beer brewing operation in a bar attached to the restaurant: the Lander Brewing Co. Like many small brew pubs they list a dozen or so different beers but just serve about 5 or 6 at a time. I ordered a porter but the waiter came back and told me the brewmaster was unhappy with the latest batch and suggested I try something else, which I did and it was very good. Our party of 5 ordered fish, beef and pasta dishes, all of which were very good with the Buffalo Lasagna being in the excellent category. We would also recommend the Southwest Eggrolls as an appetizer. Be sure and read about how they got their name. Finally, wait staff were friendly and attentive.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

We tried the Cowfish for two reasons--it's was recommended by friends, and it was nearly the only restaurant open the night we were in Lander. It was somewhat disappointing. The entres we had--salmon and something we can't even remember, and we're foodies--were adequate for a remote town with limited restaurant options, but they wouldn't have impressed in an urban area. The beer selection, though, was impressive, and both craft brews we had were excellent.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

We had a great dinner in Lander as we traveled cross country. Waiter was lovely (he was from Baltimore, I think) and food was fresh and delicious. Salads, ribs and flank steak Perhaps the best chocolate mousse I have ever had for dessert!!

Reviewed September 10, 2013

Nice restaurant with pleasant service, good, quality food, and nice surroundings. A nice surprise in Lander.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

Good service and quality food. My biggest complaint is the salmon was not from Alaska but I'm a salmon snob because I'm an Alaskan salmon fisherman.