“Best Value in the West”
Review of Frontier Lodge

Frontier Lodge
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Lander
Reviewed June 14, 2012

There are plenty of places to stay on the way to Yellowstone and prices are the highest this time of year. This place was the least expensive and it offered more than its' competion at the same price or more. Clean rooms with style, cont. breakfast and a great restraurant! The biggest and best breakfast we have had in a long time.
The owners were doing as much work or more than anyone else and available the entire stay for directions or recommendations. We have stayed at plenty of places where the front desk help was not that much help because they were there only for a summer job and did not know anything about the area. We went to Sinks Canyon State
Park for a picnic at their recommendation. That was our favorite part of our entire trip
and we might have missed it if we didn't stay there.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Lorena B

Reviewed May 16, 2012

Customer service was great and friendly.The rooms were very clean and also new remodeled,has big flat screen tv's and new furniture and VERY comforting.There was a microwave and minifridge in the room. The hotel also have a restaurant and the foods were delicious and the portions were huge. I hardly believed that it is the least expensive hotel in Lander.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank eliph
Reviewed May 12, 2012

My family had reservations at a nearby chain hotel. The chain hotel was twice as expensive as this one. Their room looked like a cookie-cutter hotel room.
For twice the money, it was not twice the room we had at the Frontier Lodge.
When my family asked for directions from the person at the front desk of the chain motel,
they were told that they didn't know where anything was because they had just moved there for their job. The folks at the Frontier Lodge gave us info and directions to the local attractions and the best tips for visiting Yellowstone.
Our room was nice and clean and the food in the their restaurant was good, cheap and huge. We took a picture of our pancake.

Room Tip: The WiFi signal does not work that great in the rooms at the far corners of the motel.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Blanche A
Reviewed May 12, 2012

This motel was the least expensive in this town but the rooms had the biggest TV's
I have ever seen in a motel room. The log beds were really cool and the food at their
restaurant was amazing!

Room Tip: I allways ask to see the room first. That way there are no surprises and I know what I am getting .
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Deanna L
Reviewed September 15, 2011

Although the proprietors of this motel are very nice and seem very accomodating, the rooms are filthy. There was a dirty toothpick on the carpet when I came into the room - not a good start. I don't think the place had been vaccuumed in weeks (or more). The shower curtain was moldy and torn, and the bathroom smelled a bit like cat urine. The pillows smelled like mildew. I couldn't even bring myself to walk around in there without shoes and I was scared to touch anything. I get that it didn't cost alot, so I wasn't expecting new furnishings or anything like that, but I don't think it's too much to expect a motel room to be reasonably clean, regardless of how great the price is. And although they advertise free wi-fi, be aware that their signal doesn't actually work in all of the rooms.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank nicolerenee21
Reviewed July 1, 2011

Dirty, and the owner is a crook. If you're not happy, he'll keep your money. Stay at the Holiday Inn Express instead! We were charged twice what the sign offered and charged us for an extra night. Do not trust this place.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank mikeld9
Reviewed June 27, 2011

had to ask to have hair cleaned from tub. Dropped slip on carpet, picked up with hairs on it. Stinky, carpet in and outside of room hadn't been vaccuumed in forever. Paid $5 ahead for breakfast and it was only childs' breakfast or $4 off other breakfast-leaves us with minus $1!!!!!!!!!!! Front fell off of airconditioner and no lights above bed.
Poor, poor value. Stay away!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple