“THE WORST motel EVER --- stay away!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Frontier Lodge

Frontier Lodge
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Lander
Superior, Colorado
“THE WORST motel EVER --- stay away!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2011

Dirty, and the owner is a crook. If you're not happy, he'll keep your money. Stay at the Holiday Inn Express instead! We were charged twice what the sign offered and charged us for an extra night. Do not trust this place.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank mikeld9

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Fort Collins
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2011

had to ask to have hair cleaned from tub. Dropped slip on carpet, picked up with hairs on it. Stinky, carpet in and outside of room hadn't been vaccuumed in forever. Paid $5 ahead for breakfast and it was only childs' breakfast or $4 off other breakfast-leaves us with minus $1!!!!!!!!!!! Front fell off of airconditioner and no lights above bed.
Poor, poor value. Stay away!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
6 Thank j9spin
Tulsa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2010

The hotel looks like it is in the final stages of a complete renovation. Every thing was new and our room freshly painted.
Pros: Clean rooms with comfortable beds, very gracious host, free wifi as well as a very fast computer in the attractive lobby for guest use, the best complimentary breakfast I've ever had, large tv in the room (this is a complete waste for us, but some people may like them. The thing I liked is that our TV was not mounted on our neighbors wall, and I assume visa versa, so our room was very quiet).
Cons: The new paint in our room was too dark for me. My wife said the red walls were to represent the red rocks of the surrounding area, but give me white or beige walls anytime. The room had only one chair and no bed side table. Hopefully, this will be added as the renovations are finished.
Bottom line - we liked it and will stay again when we are back in Lander.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank 1340
Dacula, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2010

There were 2 good things about this motel - it is not a hotel. The check-in person was very nice. The breakfast was very good. The rest - well, if I was staying by myself and still single and was looking for a cheap place to stay I would stay here. The problem is it wasn't cheap. I would have expected to pay $55 for a room like we got. The walls were painted cinder block. The A/C unit was probably from the 1970's and it rattled. The bathroom sink and tub area's were very small. Yes, it did have a 40 some odd inch TV in the room, but we got in to late to be able to use it. The beds did not have head boards as far as I recall. They were just mattresses on box springs and metal frames. We got a no smoking room, but we were on the 2nd level and people would smoke outside their rooms so we got to smell their smoke. This hotel was definitely not worth the price we paid for it. Thankfully the person moved their car so I could park relatively near where my room was or I would have had to park in overflow which would have been a HUGE chore to get my luggage to my room. It's a gravel lot on the other side of the hotel from my room.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank Walsms
Wyoming
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2010

I was really pleased with this hotel. I thought the owners were funny, not impolite or unhelpful at all, like some of the recent reviews. Customer service was a little slow, but what do you expect in a sleepy town like Lander? If you're in a hurry and expect perfection, stay in a cookie-cutter hotel, but you won't get value (about $66) and see such care for their property. You could see pride in ownership in every nook. The room was small, but very clean and comfortable. There was a large TV (though weirdly placed) and minifridge. One word of beware: the shower is the kind that hits you in the middle of the back, and insead of being one of those streams that says, "welcome, stay a while" it said, "i will kick your butt at 6 in the morning."

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Allen, TX
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2010

I called to make reservations for my daughter and son in law. The woman on the phone was the most rude person I have talked to in years. She refused to listen to me as I was explaining the reservation was for my children, there for an LDS baptism of youngest brother, not for me and then she proceeded to hang up on me after she said my children cannot be trusted since one of them is 21 and the other only 20 and they may drink alcohol. I would never trust someone who acted like that. If this is what they do to potential customers - how do they treat you face to face? I will definitely stay away from this place.

Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank crutchcar
Rawlins, WY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2010

...we did and were we disappointed! We went to Lander for Brewfest. Check in took forever since there was no one at the counter. We checked in around 1:00pm and had to wait forever for someone to come from the restaurant to get us checked in. The gal that checked us in was friendly but scattered. She repeated the same information over and over. Once check in was completed, we went to Brewfest. I wish we had gone to the room first, because I would have requested another room or gotten our money back altogether. The room was clean; however the placement of the bed vs where the TV was mounted was terribly awkward. There was no remote control for the TV, so we had to call the front desk and get one delivered. The bed and TV ran parallel to one another. Bad for the back & neck and no easy way to relax in bed to watch TV. There was no shower head in the shower so we got a serious beating when we took one. No iron, ironing board or hair dryer in the room either. And about that breakfast: guests paying the additional fee for the breakfast (it's not free) need to use the coupon the following morning between the hours of 6 & 8:30 a.m. Nevermind the fact that breakfast is served all day in the restaurant. For paying hotel guests you have a limited time to use the breakfast card at the Maverick Cafe. Of course, we missed the breakfast deadline (we were there for Brewfest, afterall). We still went to the restaurant and were told our wait would be at least 40 minutes before our food would be delivered. This was 40 min AFTER we were seated and our order was taken. Needless to say, we chose to eat at another restaurant where we were seated quickly and served in a reasonable amount of time. I can assure you they seemed just as busy or busier than the Maverick. I trusted the reviews and made my reservation based on what I read. For this reason, I am making this post so you get another experience to make your decision.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank J-Kfoodies
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lander
Rodeway Inn Pronghorn Lodge
#8 of 12 in Riverton
3.5 of 5 stars 44 reviews
Holiday Inn Riverton - Convention Center
Hampton Inn and Suites Riverton

Been to Frontier Lodge? Share your experiences!