“Good Home Cooking”

Cuisines: American
Loveland, Colorado
“Good Home Cooking”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Every time I go to Lander I have breakfast at the Maverick . It is a casual restaurant that has ample servings. The pancakes are platter size so one fills the bill for me. The wait staff is very friendly and helpful. Their (Southern) Biscuits and gravy are superb.

Visited June 2013

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worst food & service we have ever had”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

I ordered the veggie skillet. He ordered biscuit & gravy with hash browns. My 'veggie skillet' was cooked in bacon grease. I have a meat allergy so I asked for it to be cooked in a clean skillet. The cook refused. His biscuits were cold & stale. The gravy was lumpy and flavorless. Even the hash browns were cold. I told them I would be very sick even off the one bite and I am. Vomiting up breakfast sucks. Serving cold breakfast is disgusting. Staff didn't care.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Leadvilelady123
Montpelier, Idaho
“Feeling Of Home”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Great food! Great atmosphere! Friendly people and the prices are awesome! Nothing fancy....just comfortable.

Visited February 2013
South Dakota
“Sloppy service!”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

We had a poor experience at the Maverick Restaurant on a Sunday morning. Four of the five meals for our group came out at the same time and the fifth was served at least 5 minutes later. The burger we ordered was small, flavorless and dry, which is really unreasonable for a restaurant in the heart of Wyoming. The fries were wilted. None of our well beverages were refilled. Overall, poor service and unsatisfactory food.

Visited August 2012
Powell, Wyoming
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Pass this one by”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Horrible experience. First we were given menu's and told to pick any spot. We ordered the ribeye. This food was not edible. It was definitely not ribeye, probably not steak, tasted horrible. Was tough and dry. Lettuce was wilted in the salad bar, and then the same gross stuff used as a garnish. We did not eat, refused to pay. Owner was rude, argumentative, finally just told us to just leave. As my companion said. "I wouldn't feed it to my dog" .

• Visited August 2012