“Exactly the Trip We Wanted”

Wind River Climbing Guides
Ranked #4 of 17 things to do in Lander
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Wind River Climbing Guides is an independently owned and operated service that offers high quality guided rock climbing and instructional courses at the base of the Wind River Range. Whether you are trying rock climbing for the first time or you're an experienced climber looking to improve, we customize each and every course to fit your expectatios and fulfill your goals. Our experienced guides are certified through the American Mountain Guides Association and in wilderness medicine to ensure that you have the highest possible standard of safety.
Reviewed August 28, 2017 via mobile

My wife and I are intermediate climbers (~2 yrs /5.10), and we had a great experience with Kyle! We got a lot of fun climbing in during our day trip, but we also got a ton of instruction and tips on everything from footwork to anchor cleaning to basic gear placements.

Kyle was fun to climb with, and he took us to some great routes in the shade (our day was very warm for the time of year).

We would definitely consider climbing with Wind River Guides again if we can make it back out west. We really enjoyed it.

Date of experience: June 2017
"blast"
"rock"
"climbers"

Reviewed August 23, 2017

Just spent two wonderful days sports climbing in Sinks Canyon, with excellent and careful instruction from Kyle (leading, setting and cleaning anchors, and rappelling). We can't wait to go out and put everything we learned into practice! Thanks!

1  Thank jocelynechait
Reviewed August 8, 2017 via mobile

The excellent website inspired me to book the climbing day. Really, I was a bit nervous and didn't now what to expect... anyway, now I'm sure that the 4-5 hours with Wind River Climbing were just perfect. Very nice and empathic guide, short drive, gorgeous place and amazing sand rock. The 1-pitch routes were simply perfect for the time I had. I've learned new stuff about anchoring and climbing vocabulary. It was a lot of fun and still I'm proud having been the first European guest! To conclude: excellent choice, I'd book it again anytime and I warmly recommend it also to skilled climbers who like to get an insider view. Thanks!

Reviewed August 7, 2017

My friend and I had a blast climbing with Wind River! Guide was super friendly and accommodating and we learned a lot while challenging ourselves at the same time! Would definitely recommend!

See more reviews
Reviewed July 31, 2017

Kyle was incredibly friendly and gave my buddy and I a full day of high quality guiding services. He was very good about catering to our needs. We wanted to get a bunch of routes in while also advancing our our knot tying/ anchor building technique and he created the perfect mix of the two. By the end of the day I had led my first climb and my buddy and I learned how to clean anchors. Safety was always a priority with him and I truly would recommend Wind River to any of my friends. Lander is beautiful and the climbing was superb and not busy at all. They are a small company that offers top notch individualized services! Would definitely recommend!!

Date of experience: July 2017