“Awesome place with an awesome guide!!”

Wind River Climbing Guides
Ranked #4 of 17 things to do in Lander
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Wind River Climbing Guides is an independently owned and operated service that offers high quality guided rock climbing and instructional courses at the base of the Wind River Range. Whether you are trying rock climbing for the first time or you're an experienced climber looking to improve, we customize each and every course to fit your expectatios and fulfill your goals. Our experienced guides are certified through the American Mountain Guides Association and in wilderness medicine to ensure that you have the highest possible standard of safety.
Reviewed July 31, 2017

Kyle was incredibly friendly and gave my buddy and I a full day of high quality guiding services. He was very good about catering to our needs. We wanted to get a bunch of routes in while also advancing our our knot tying/ anchor building technique and he created the perfect mix of the two. By the end of the day I had led my first climb and my buddy and I learned how to clean anchors. Safety was always a priority with him and I truly would recommend Wind River to any of my friends. Lander is beautiful and the climbing was superb and not busy at all. They are a small company that offers top notch individualized services! Would definitely recommend!!

Date of experience: July 2017
"rock"
"climbers"

Reviewed July 24, 2017

HIGHLY RECOMMEND.

I worked with Kyle to arrange a climbing trip for 13 folks (ages 5-40, climbing experience 0-lots) while travelling to Lander for a family event. Kyle and Becca went over an above our expectations, and ensured that every person had a safe, memorable, and amazing Sinks Canyon climbing experience! Their gear was high quality, well maintained, and nearly brand new! Plus they had and extensive array of shoe and harness sizes to fit everyone (not easy given the range of ages/sizes).

At the crag, they set up a variety of different routes to ensure everyone had climbs at the right level. Their instruction was spot on, and it was clear that safety was a priority while maximizing everyone's experience.

Following the climbing, Kyle patiently taught ~8 kids to rappel for the first time in their lives - their smiles were priceless. Meanwhile, for those of us who wanted to keep climbing, Becca set extra routes at higher levels to keep each individual challenged and engaged.

I look forward to returning to Lander and working with Kyle and Becca again!

Date of experience: July 2017
1  Thank pranayP101
Wind_River_Climbing, Owner at Wind River Climbing Guides, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2017

Pranay, it was absolutely wonderful to spend time with you and your family! Thank you much for making rock climbing with us part of your Wyoming experience, it is great to see that everyone enjoyed the trip. We appreciate your kind words and taking the time to give us such a fantastic review.

Reviewed May 9, 2017

I did a full day climb with Kyle. It was amazing. I've been climbing for about a year and a half, and Kyle was able to give me a ton of pointers on improving technique, confidence, and skill. Kyle was very accommodating (picked me up from the hotel, drove me to the climb area, etc.). Service was absolutely excellent. Once we made it to the wall, Kyle had planned out the routes we should try, coached me the entire time, and was extremely gracious and helpful. I will definitely be back for more. I can't recommend him highly enough. No matter your skill level, I'm sure that he will be able to assist you in improving your ability. Easy to schedule, easy to coordinate with, and easy to talk to. Thanks!

Date of experience: May 2017
Reviewed February 1, 2017

Becca & Kyle have great teaching ability + fun personalities! I had a blast learning to climb w/them

Date of experience: September 2016
Wind_River_Climbing, Owner at Wind River Climbing Guides, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2017

We had a great time climbing with you, Sarah! We hope to see you again out here in Wyoming and keep up the good work!

See more reviews
Reviewed January 31, 2017

Becca and Kyle were excellent! We climbed twice with them and loved it each time.

We are a family of 5 with varying levels of climbing experience. Kyle and Becca made it wonderful for everyone. Our kids, aged 8, 10, and 12 loved it. Becca and Kyle were great with the kids, encouraging them, building their confidence, and generally making it really fun. Meanwhile, they challenged me and encouraged my wife. We loved it and want to do it again. My 10 year old now wants to climb the Grand Teton with Becca and Kyle! We highly recommend them. They make climbing fun and their prices are excellent. Great value!

Date of experience: July 2016

We had a wonderful time climbing with your family, Ted! We can't wait to take Enzo up the Grand Teton one day and have Ellie as an WRCG Guide on day! We look foward to seeing you again, take care.