Woods Landing Resort
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Jelm
See available hotels
Comfort Inn(Laramie)
  • Pool
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 11, 2012

I have been stayed at Woods Landing multilple times. It never dissapoints and this time was no exception. We have stayed in both the rustic cabins and the newer Aspens. Both are clean and comfortable. We spent some time in the cafe and bar this trip The staff was providing a spaghetti dinner for the FT Collins to Steamboat runners. They greeted each runner as they served plate after plate of dinner. We had breakfast in the Cafe Sunday: Food was good and staff pleasant. I look foward to my next visit. Kathryn

Room Tip: If you need a bathroom and shower in your cabin, book the house or the Aspens.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 18, 2012

We stayed in one of the more rustic cabins for two nights that sat right on the river. You must remember you are staying in a cabin not a hotel chain. The heater was a bit noisy but the sound of the river mostly drowned it out. The shared baths were clean and sufficient. We decided to skip the food we brought and try the restaurant/bar out for dinner. It was out best decision, they food they serve is homemade, huge portions and save room for the fresh baked pies. We ordered 4 different slices and couldn't pick a favorite. There is some real cool history about the place and be sure to try out the dance floor, it has boxcar springs underneath it. Can't wait to sneak away for another weekend.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed March 11, 2012

Amazing spot! We had a rustic cabin nestled in the trees overlooking the river. Room was nice size and very clean. We stayed in Cabin 2. Listened to the river and wildlife at night. Only complaint is the bathhouse. It was clean enough, but there is only one men and one women. The toilet and shower are together, so if someone is having a long shower - cross your legs!
The dance hall looked fun and the store was well stocked.

Room Tip: River side!
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank ampanmangal
Reviewed October 9, 2011

My father and I were looking for a quiet place to enjoy a 10 day fishing trip. After a lot of research, I found the Woods Landing website and was intrigued. I looked as some reviews and realized that this was going to be a quiet place that we could enjoy some fishing and peace.

This was a great place, but be advised...

1. We had no TV in the room--This was perfect for us. I believe that some of the cabins have a TV in them.
2. The country store that is on the property was not open while we were there--This didn't bother us because it gave us an excuse to do some exploring. We went in late May 2011. The country store doesn't open until Memorial Day weekend.
3. NO GAS STATION FOR 30 MILES--This was tricky. Luckily we filled up in Laramie before we got to Jelm.
4. Only one resturant close and no breakfast--This wasn't a real problem for us. Actually I like to eat out a lot when I go on Vacation, but we brought food to cook on the camp fire. The resturant/bar on the site is excellent. Please try their home made green chili, I have never had chili this good before.
5. NO CELL RESECEPTION--They did have free WI-FI, so I was able to chat with my family back at home, but we had to drive 15 miles away to get some cell reseption. This was actually great because I am a buisness man, and tend to be glued to my Blackberry. Also, the place where we could get cell reseption happened to be on a lake where my Dad caught a 20in wild brown trout!! This may not have been the biggest trout that my Dad ever caught, but it was a fish that we will talk about for the rest of our lives.

Great memories and a fabulous time. The people at the resort were very helpfull and courtious.

Room Tip: We wanted a private bathroom. Make sure that if that is a priority that you ask. We wanted to stay by the River. All the Room have a view of the river.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
7  Thank Andy E
Reviewed September 26, 2011

Stayed this past weekend for the Wyoming-Nebraska football game. Stayed in cabin #2. This was a great deal. Cabin, shower (lots of hot water), heater in the room and amazing scenery. Cabin was right on the river!!! Also a bar, store and restaurant on site. Great value for the money...would recommend to all. Very glad we chose to stay here instead of a hotel for this trip. Only complaint would be that it would be nice if the shower and bathroom area could be separate so that two people could use.

There was a guest cabin next to us that look amazing. Would stay there if I was in town with a small group.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family