“An Indispensible Retreat”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Jelm
Woods Landing Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Jelm
Los Angeles
“An Indispensible Retreat”
Reviewed December 22, 2007

I spent 10 days in Woods Landing this winter for a writing retreat. I can't tell you how much I enjoyed my time there. I had been struggling to finish a screenplay for which I'd been commisioned over the past eight months! Yikes. I went to Woods Landing and completed my draft in 10 days! The majestic surroundings and quiet solitude was indispensible to me. Let me tell you some of the details of my stay there, as I highly recommend this secluded hideaway.

I stayed in the guesthouse, which is a fully furnished three bedroom cabin with a gas range and a beautiful wood burning stove. I spent a lot of time in my cabin, cooking for myself, but occasionally went next door to the Woods Landing Bar and Cafe, for delicious green chile and some much needed human interaction from passing patrons.

It was great. The staff are fun and friendly and I really wouldn't have made my deadline without this trip up into the mountains. Thank you, Woods Landing staff and owners, for a wonderful time!

• Stayed December 2007
    • Check in / front desk
4 Thank Brian74

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Northern Colorado
Reviewed March 10, 2007

I just left Woods Landing this morning after a two night stay. We contacted the owner at the beginning of the week and he booked us right in for the end of the week. He even allowed us to check in a bit early so we could put our food in the fridge after a long drive. Those of you who snowmobile know rooms anywhere in the area this time of year are hard to find and customer service is not always a guarantee!

We booked both sides of the Aspen cabin to accomodate our group of four adults and two kids. We opened the pass through door between the two cabins and used it as one larger cabin. We could have easily fit another two adults into the cabin with us.

The cabins have comfy beds and furnishings. The kitchens were equipped with your basic needs including pans, coffee and silverware.
We cooked two meals and had everything we needed!

The rooms were clean and tidy and I would happily stay there again.

If you plan to stay in the small cabins please understand they are really small cabins. They appeared to be rustic and tiny and if you are expecting a standard room you need to rent the bigger cabin or the guest house or you will not get what you are expecting. On the other hand, if you are looking for your basic place to sleep they appeared to be in good condition from what we could see from the outside.

• Liked — The comfy relaxed home style furnishings. Where else can you sit around a kitchen table!
  • Disliked — There is a trick to getting the water temperature correct. Read the notebook they provide for the trick!
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
3 Thank SnowmobileMom
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 16, 2005

Cabins are quaint. Built in 1955 and pretty much refurbished. Clean and neat. Sit right next to the Laramie River. Owners very friendly and the bar/cafe a throwback to the old days. Food is at least average and large portions. Nothing fancy but a lot of bang for the buck.

• Stayed June 2005
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Eastern TN
Reviewed June 12, 2005

This is NOT a resort by any stretch of the imagination! Both the cabins and the grounds are in desperate need of attention. Dingy & dreary would best describe the cafe/bar that is located at the entrance (not a place that one would desire to eat). Yuk! Forget this place!

6 Thank childofGod

Been to Woods Landing Resort? Share your experiences!