“Best vacation - wish i could go back every year”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jelm
Laramie River Dude Ranch
Ranked #1 of 1 Specialty Lodging in Jelm
Reviewed July 22, 2014

What can i say that hasnt already been said? If you are looking for a relaxing, yet fun and active ranch getaway, this is it. From the time you arrive, you feel like family and by the time you leave you have made new friends and are already planning a return trip.The selection of horses is amazing - if you are matched with horse that doesnt suit, the wranglers will try and find a better match for you. Everybody is so friendly and the food is great. Pack jeans with an elastic waist band. Honestly, you will NOTcome back from this vacation saying to yourself: "Gee, i wish we had gone on a cruise instead!" THis is a perfect place for a family, friends, reunion getaway. EVEN if you are traveling solo - you will not be lonely as you are part of the LRR family from the get go.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed July 20, 2014

The horses were amazing, the views were spectacular and the food was delicious. We are experienced riders and came to the ranch for some unplugged family time. It was a perfect vacation. We rode in the mornings with a variety of skilled and entertaining wranglers, we hiked in the afternoons learning all about the flora and fauna from the delightful naturalist and played cards as a family until the sun set. The staff was outstanding, they were helpful, interesting, and pleasant to be around! You know you have found a special place when all the employees are so happy to be there.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Julie777953
Reviewed July 20, 2014

This was the best vacation ever. The food was great, the staff could not be more accommodating nor the scenery more spectacular. Riding instruction was provided at all levels for all ages. We will go again and would recommend this ranch to anyone who wants to ride, fly fish or just relax and smell the sage.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Edward T
Reviewed July 3, 2014

Although there was plenty of riding for my 14 year-old granddaughter and me, we continued laughing and enjoying ourselves with other activities. In fact, just about everything we did was inter-generational. (I was one of four sets of grandparents that week.) The wide open range is spectacular, the staff exceptionally attentive, the food delicious, and the horses well matched with the rider. Not having ridden so intensely in over 50 years, I found the western style a good way to enjoy myself. The wranglers planned trail rides for all levels of ability. The accommodations were lovely - how does a full cookie jar in your room sound? - clean, spacious. This was a memorable vacation, one I highly recommend for families.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank Carol9584
Reviewed June 16, 2014

Good horses, good terrain and good horsemanship are the things I most appreciated about LRR. The care and training they invest in their horses and wrangler staff results in some of the best riding I have experienced in fourteen years of going to dude ranches. Thank you to all the wranglers for every gate you opened, cinch you checked and "thumbs up" you gave. This is a very professionally and thoughtfully managed ranch which I highly recommend to those who love horses, riding and the great outdoors.

Room Tip: The rooms in the lodge provide easy access to the back deck with its wonderful views of the Laramie...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
5  Thank Connie C
TravelinRancher, Owner at Laramie River Dude Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2014

Thanks Connie for your kind review! It was great to me you and your siblings and to hear you stories of your dude ranch adventures. Be well and come back soon!

Reviewed January 31, 2014

I am a complete novice to horses, my girlfriend is fairly accomplished. Laramie River Dude Ranch had the resources to provide a wrangler and horse for any skill level to go out on every scheduled ride. The wranglers were skilled, patient, and just downright fun!
All the staff were friendly and helpful.
And the food! The food was delicious, healthy, plentiful, and served family style, which allowed for the added bonus of meeting new friends around the table and sharing your experiences.
Five stars, this is a fantastic resort!

Room Tip: I hate to share, because it is a challenge to book already, but I loved the cabins.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank chad H
Reviewed September 17, 2013

From the moment we arrived we were welcomed like we were family. Natalie and Brian are a big part of the daily functions and you couldn't ask for nicer people. My cabin was cute and cozy. Nothing fancy but fancy isn't what I was looking for. Each cabin has a small propane stove and a cute small porch. The food at the ranch was good. Again nothing fancy but I didn't go hungry. The riding was maybe the best I have ever had. Not only did they have good horses they have some of the best land to ride in. All the staff that worked there were very friendly and helpful. We had extreme weather and the ranch made sure that we still enjoyed ourselves and that's a ranch worth going to. I hope to visit again someday!!

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank nr4us

Been to Laramie River Dude Ranch? Share your experiences!