“A Great Family Vacation”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jelm
Laramie River Dude Ranch
Ranked #1 of 1 Specialty Lodging in Jelm
Markle, Indiana, United States
“A Great Family Vacation”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Laramie River Ranch is a wonderful experience for riders and non-riders of all experiences and ages. The wranglers are excellent guides and the owner does an excellent job of selecting just the right horse for the rider. Beautiful country! My special needs son had the time of his life! The staff were quite willing to have my son do different things that I wanted to do and he really enjoyed independent time away from mom. All the other guests were very friendly too. The accommodations were great. We definitely want to return again and again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
long beach
Reviewed July 14, 2013

There are lots of dude ranches out there, but this is the one you are looking for. With great owners, managers, horses, rides and food, what else could you ask for. My friends and I stayed for a week in June. The staff was just amazing, including Carmel, the ranch dog, that came right to our car with a wonderful, smiling greeting when we got there. The owners, Bill and Krista, the managers, Brian and Natalie, and all the staff and wranglers were just amazing. Their only job was to make us happy and they sure did. The rides were just great, with your choice of walk, walk and trot, and walk, trot and lope. The routes were just wonderful with views that went on for miles and miles. I recommend the overnight camping trip. It is luxury and great fun.
What can I say about the food, except that it was good and plenty of it. The menus are posted every day and if not what you are in the mood for, plenty of alternatives to chose frm.
The rooms in the lodge were just so cute, but may be a little noisy because of the traffic in the lodge. The cabins are just the greatest and offer comfort and privacy. The river flowing by provides a great comforting sound.
There is much wildlife to see on the rides, pronghorns, moose and coyotes.
In the mornings, the horses are gathered up from the pastures and come in over a wooden bridge. It is something to see and hear. A can't miss.
If you are bring kids, there is plenty of babysitting and caregiving provided so you can go take your ride if want. There is also great training by the wranglers if you want your child to learn. Believe me, they are fearless and learn very quick. The horses are amazing and very gentle.
Visiting a dude ranch was on my bucket list. I am so happy that we picked Laramie River Ranch. A wonderful experience. Give them a try.

Room Tip: I prefer the cabins, but the lodge is convenient.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank Toni M
Fayetteville, Arkansas, United States
Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

We had a wonderful vacation at the Laramie River Ranch! It is a small ranch and the staff went above and beyond to make sure we were comfortable and happy. My 10 year old daughter takes riding lessons and I felt very comfortable letting her go on loping rides without us (the rest of the family had no experience and stuck to walking and trotting). The kids loved playing with the animals in the petting zoo, playing board games with the other kids, and just having fun with no tv or electronics. We had time to connect as a family and meet so many wonderful people!

• Stayed June 2013
Denver
Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

My daughters and I spent 4 nights at LRR this month. This was our first trip to a dude ranch and everyone is ready to go back.

The staff is amazing. They are knowledgeable, helpful and very friendly. This includes everyone from guest services to the wranglers.

We stayed in the lodge and the room was very clean and well maintained.

The meals were fabulous - we all joked that this was not the place to go if you are dieting. The staff accommodated meal adjustments as needed with advance notice.

I highly recommend the Laramie River Ranch. The experience was beyond our best expectations.

• Stayed July 2013
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed July 7, 2013

I visited this awesome ranch in 2012 with one of our daughters, and could hardly wait to RETURN in 2013! On our second trip, another daughter joined us plus her daughter, and a friend. Nothing but the highest praise for yet another fun-filled week of horseback riding, team penning, fly fishing, and just relaxing or exploring around the area. Stayed in a cabin last year and so totally enjoyed watching the horses coming in each day. This year, I stayed in the lodge which was quite pleasant as well as conveniently close to everything. However, I believe hearing the horses clopping across the bridge over the Laramie River wins my vote.

Bill and Krista are exceptional hosts, and Brian and Natalie and all of the staff did such a great job of making our stay a 5-star event. The meals are all served family style so there is the opportunity to really mingle with other guests and staff and to share experiences of the day/week...and some lasting friendships are forged with folks from all across the country as well of some foreign lands.

Alas, a highlight for me this year was when our "Judy Team", including Judy, Rose, Anna, and myself, WON the team penning event! What fun it was to come out on top, with some side-line sage advice from Jeannine (who, by the way, was at the ranch for her 14th year!). Thanks, Jeannine :).

In summary, it was yet another wonderful vacation, and I so look forward to returning next year,and to ride that beautiful black morgan, OWEN.

Wonderful Ranch, beautiful scenery, awesome horses. I shall return!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Mccalla
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Krista and Bill have created the perfect dude ranch experience. From the wonderful lodging to the awesome horseback riding and spectacular scenery, I can't think of anything that LRR has overlooked in making certain that your every need is taken care of. Natalie and Brian who help run the ranch were awesome as well as all the wranglers and cooks. My favorite was riding every day in a different location with never a repeat in scenery. My mother enjoyed the fly fishing and a little less riding.:-) Whatever your pleasure you are sure to have your expectations exceeded. There is a reason that this place is rated so high. Get yourself there.......I'm going back as soon as possible and can't wait to see my fave horse, Guinness again.

Room Tip: If traveling with family you will love the cabins that are nestled among the willow along the Larami...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Catherine P
Hastings
Reviewed June 30, 2013

I took my 10 year old horse loving granddaughter on a four day adventure. I'm in my 60's and had only been on a horse once 50+ years ago. LRR was a hit with memories to carry us through a lifetime. Scenery, staff, accommodations, food and activities were outstanding. No need to worry about horseback riding as staff will equip you with a horse and rides to meet your needs. My granddaughter can't stop talking about all the friends she made and the joy of riding her horse"Molly" each day. The knowledgeable naturalist led a walk up the mountain at my speed and then went our of his way to find some rocks of interest to me. The owners and crew interact with all the folks staying on the ranch. I highly recommend staying at this magnificent ranch.

Room Tip: We stayed in the lodge and were comfortable and happy.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Laramie River Dude Ranch? Share your experiences!