“Can't wait to go back....”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jelm
Laramie River Dude Ranch
Ranked #1 of 1 Specialty Lodging in Jelm
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Krista and Bill have created the perfect dude ranch experience. From the wonderful lodging to the awesome horseback riding and spectacular scenery, I can't think of anything that LRR has overlooked in making certain that your every need is taken care of. Natalie and Brian who help run the ranch were awesome as well as all the wranglers and cooks. My favorite was riding every day in a different location with never a repeat in scenery. My mother enjoyed the fly fishing and a little less riding.:-) Whatever your pleasure you are sure to have your expectations exceeded. There is a reason that this place is rated so high. Get yourself there.......I'm going back as soon as possible and can't wait to see my fave horse, Guinness again.

Room Tip: If traveling with family you will love the cabins that are nestled among the willow along the Larami...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Catherine P

Reviewed June 30, 2013

I took my 10 year old horse loving granddaughter on a four day adventure. I'm in my 60's and had only been on a horse once 50+ years ago. LRR was a hit with memories to carry us through a lifetime. Scenery, staff, accommodations, food and activities were outstanding. No need to worry about horseback riding as staff will equip you with a horse and rides to meet your needs. My granddaughter can't stop talking about all the friends she made and the joy of riding her horse"Molly" each day. The knowledgeable naturalist led a walk up the mountain at my speed and then went our of his way to find some rocks of interest to me. The owners and crew interact with all the folks staying on the ranch. I highly recommend staying at this magnificent ranch.

Room Tip: We stayed in the lodge and were comfortable and happy.
Reviewed June 28, 2013

My mother and I went on the first trip to LRR back in August/September 2012. We returned this year with my sister, niece, and friend. It lived up to our expectations from last time and surpassed them. The wildlife and fauna during our trip in June was spectacular and very different from our first visit. I missed riding in the hay meadows this time, but looking at a field of purple irises was pretty amazing.

Room Tip: I have stayed in a cabin twice. Next time, I think I will choose to stay in the lodge. I like being...
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I realize some of these reviews may sound too good to be true, but they're not. This is a special place, run by special people. My friend and sister and I were looking for a fun dude ranch vacation and this place had it all - incredible staff, amazing horses (I'll admit it - I cried when I had to leave mine at the end of our week there - o.k., and again when I had to leave the wonderful new friends we made) lovely views of the mountains, great food, and fabulous staff. I'm already running out of superlatives to describe this place!

We booked well in advance of our visit and were able to stay in one of the cabins. The lodge is a bit more convenient for the various activities, but we enjoyed the peace and quiet (and river sounds) from the cabin. We would recommend the overnight camp out as well...this is luxe camping where they set up all the tents and cook you an amazing steak dinner + breakfast. Then even provide a porta-potty-type set up. A neat experience.

The ranch is run like a well-oiled machine. The day you check in, they fit you for the saddle you'll have for the duration, so you'll be ready to go the next morning with no/minimal fuss or adjustments. There are many different rides with lots of variety in terrain (mountains, sage brush, aspen forests, etc) and you can sign up for rides at various levels (i.e., walk, walk-trot, or walk-trot-lope). They give everyone a quick orientation and check out your skills to be sure you can handle the type of ride you want to go on.

The family-style meals were delicious and there was a lot of variety each night; you could also order one of several alternatives if you didn't like what was being prepared for everyone else. They are very accommodating! I liked the family style approach - it made it feel much more like a home cooked meal with family and friends. We really enjoyed getting to know the other guests during the meals. They also have the staff eat with the guests, filling in any empty seats. It was a delight to get to talk with so many of these very interesting young people!

FYI, you really need/get to unplug during your time at the ranch. No TV. No cell service. Very limited internet. Try it - you might love it. It's a great way for families to really connect in the old-fashioned way. Oh, also no hair dryers.

We loved the introduction to natural horsemanship and having the option of grooming our horses...it was a wonderful way to spend some real bonding time with the horses. The wranglers provided helpful and patient instruction for us novices and always checked our work to make sure saddles were secure and everything was done appropriately.

Well, I've probably gone on long enough, though I could certainly come up with more wonderful things about LRR. In case it wasn't obvious, I give them my highest recommendation!

2  Thank Cindy S
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I just got home from visiting Laramie River Ranch on June 16-23, 2013. This was my first time to the ranch, but I certainly hope that it won't be my last! The horses and trails were amazing, and I can't quit thinking about all the beautiful scenery. The owners and staff were wonderful, and they did everything in their power to make sure you were comfortable, well fed, and pleased with each and every horseback ride. There were also other activities, including hikes to view flora/fauna and pony rides for the children. The wildlife was plentiful, and the weather was gorgeous. I couldn't have asked for a more pleasurable experience!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Just returned from our 4th season (my 5th visit) at LRR. Again, Bill, Krista, Brian, Natalie, and all the wranglers, food, and guest services staff excelled at making the week an amazingly good time. As always, my wife and I relaxed completely. We expanded our ever widening circle of LRR friends and saw old LRR friends that we’ve come to consider family. When my wife entered the lodge on arrival she shouted “We’re Home!” Indeed, we were.

I couldn't recommend LRR more strongly to anyone wanting to get away and enjoy the hospitality, scenery, horseback riding, fishing and warm friendship that is standard fare at Laramie River Ranch.

2  Thank Steve V
Reviewed January 20, 2013

In brief; a fantastic experience on a dude ranch with friendly, professional staff, lovely owners, comfortable accommodations, good food, nice horses, all embedded in a beautiful landscape.
Our family spent 10 unforgettable days at Laramie River Ranch in July 2012 and enjoyed every day of it. The accommodations were comfortable and quiet, one feels at home from the very first minute. After a warm welcome by the owner couple Krista and Bill we were shown round and felt at home instantly. We had beautiful horseback rides shaped according to our wishes into the unspoiled landscape, the horses were fine and each of us, from the seven year old boy who is a novice rider to the more experienced adults found an suitable well mannered horse that carried us through the long journeys. We also enjoyed other activities like fishing, canoeing and the various entertainments in the evening. All was made to feel familiar and at ease. While there are probably many ranches with nice horses and unspoiled landscapes, we doubt that there are many places that compare in terms of professionalism, friendliness and competence.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Daniel C

Been to Laramie River Dude Ranch? Share your experiences!