“Disappointing”

Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: The START bus "Home Ranch Lot" stop is directly across the street.
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Sushi mediocre, service very poor -Pricey. Would try a different sushi restaurant in Jackson. Bad sign when you don't see any Asian sushi chefs

Reviewed July 1, 2013

We were 2 days before "The Season," so we were able to take advantage of $6.00 sushi rolls, and boy were they delicious!!! If not for that, the prices were a bit high. Our server was excellent, and there were ALOT of locals eating there. The martini was so-so, so I cannot recommend that, but as far as sushi, do yourself a favor. They are not open for lunch, just dinner.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

Made a reservation online,

Arrived 10 min early so our table wasn't ready, no prb. The restaurant looked semi full, most of the booths were still open so not full blown busy. The hostess sat us right next to a 10 top that was very loud. I was kind of surprised because there was plenty of other tables open.

Our waiter looked a little busy but took our drink order. Got cocktails and then proceeded to wait another 30 min for him to take our order! By this time we were pretty hungry and dehydrated. No one even came to fill our waters or checked on us. (Hostess we were near was busy chatting with another waiter)

When he finally arrived, he apologized and explained that he had a very long night the night before and that he probably shouldn't even be working. ( making drinking gestures while explaining himself ) I am pretty laid back so in my mind I didn't care as long as everything else went semi smooth. He also offered a complementary sake which was nice.

Our appetizers took another 30 mins. When I went to the bathroom you can see into the kitchen where the Chef's were preparing dinner. One I noticed was eating while he was cooking. Hmmmm...

Ordered Hot tea it came out cold, appetizers came and then my boyfriend's teriyaki chicken came almost immediately after. I ordered the maguro sake poke which is basically is raw red tuna in a seaweed salad and crushed nuts on top... It came out another 20min later!

Moral to my story, we were there for almost 2 hrs with really poor service. I didn't get to eat my main course with my bf and on top of everything I GOT SICK IMMEDIATELY AFTER I ATE THEIR RED TUNA. It could be due to cross contamination from the Chef putting food in his mouth while preparing meals! DONE!

Reviewed May 31, 2013

My husband and I took a night away from the kids to check out this restaurant that came highly recommended from our guide. We had an amzing meal. The fish was so fresh and the rolls were fun and creative. they also have a really good coctail menu the thai margerita was sooo good!

Reviewed May 30, 2013

Told that of the three sushi restaurants in the area, this was the best, I can see why someone would think so. A little on the noisy side, but the decor was quite nice, the ambiance was very friendly, the food was excellent, and the service was good and attentive. The menu was varied and somewhat extensive. Patrons can order from two menus at the same time, one for the sushi bar and one from the Asian grill kitchen. Maki, nigiri, and the like are prepared at the sushi bar, and most other items come from the grill kitchen. It's a little confusing at first, but once the concept becomes clear, it's very easy.