“Ski trip”

Ranked #6 of 40 Hotels in Jackson
Hendersonville, North Carolina
“Ski trip”
Reviewed March 8, 2014

Great hospitality,great room service,nice rooms and Jackie[owner][manager] was on top of everything. I would stay there again.
Close to downtown.What ever your problem might be Jackie took care of it. We got to the point where we felt comfortable in calling Jackie "mother".
"

'mother"

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank James B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
Port Ewen, New York
Reviewed March 6, 2014

We just returned from a week of skiing at Jackson Hole. We were fortunate enough to find ourselves staying at the Parkway Inn. What an awesome place. We had a wonderful time and Jacquie (manager and owner) is absolutely the best Inn Keeper we have ever experienced. The Inn is close to transportation, restaurants and shopping and has a pool and two hot tubs. The staff is awesome and everyone goes beyond to make your stay memorable. Can't wait to go back!

Kent, New York
Reviewed March 5, 2014

There is not a single thing that would have made my stay better. Jacquie really knows how to make everyone feel taken care of and at home. The rooms are quiet and cleaned to perfection. The staff is knowledgeable about the area and always available for questions. I would go back in a heartbeat.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Walden, New York
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Just spent a week at the Parkway Inn in Jackson Hole. Jackie and her staff go over and above to make your stay enjoyable. You can tell the staff truly enjoy what they do. If I am ever in Jackson Hole again I would definitely stay there.

1 Thank Nancy M
Poughkeepsie, New York, United States
Reviewed March 4, 2014

After 40 years of ski trip lodging experiences, the Parkway Inn beats them all. Jacquie, the owner, is the most gracious, warm, engaging innkeeper you will find. She sets standards that exceed any a lodging site could dream of, including her own hours of greeting guests, socializing, taking care of any problems, etc. The "continental" breakfast was plenty for skiing.

1 Thank Herb E
Tokyo
Reviewed March 4, 2014

The Parkway Inn easily provides the most bang for the buck of any hotel I have ever stayed in, especially in a ski town. This being said, I was told the rates are lower in the winter than in summer but I am sure anyone paying the higher rate in the summer will be very satisfied. This hotel was more comfortable and had more character than hotels I have stayed in at 3 times the price.

The room's amenities and decor were very pleasing and the bed and pillows were extremely comfortable. There are thick, fleece-lined robes in the rooms that I become fond of that were great for lounging around the room and wearing to the hot tub building. The internet was reliable and fast. I occasionally heard muffled talk through the door of the adjoining room but I did not find it disturbing. I don't know if anyone was in the rooms above me during the 7 nights I was there but I never heard anyone walking around. There was no road noise at all.

The location of the hotel is a short walk to all of the dining/shopping in Jackson.

The continental breakfast offered more items than any continental breakfast I have had and was served in a nice little dining room. In the afternoons there were cookies, brownies and hot apple cider available.

The hotel has a separate building with two very large, clean hot tubs, a small swimming pool, an adequate fitness room, and a sauna. The hot tubs and sauna were very welcomed after each day of hard skiing.

The hotel staff was very accommodating when I asked to extend my stay a couple of nights and rearranged their booking plan to allow me to stay in the same room.

I booked the hotel through the Jackson Hole reservation system and think I received a better rate than Parkway was advertising on their website.

If this hotel is within your budget, or even a few bucks over your budget, I suggest you stop reviewing other places and book your stay now. From outside I saw several of the other hotels I had reviewed in this price range on Trip Advisor, et al, and they did not appear to be nearly as nice as Parkway and I can't imagine higher priced hotels being more comfortable.

Franklin, North Carolina
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Our stay at The Parkway Inn was wonderful! Jackie, the owner, allowed us to regress back into our childhood by providing us with a warm greeting, hot cider, brownies, and a cozy feeling of being home with mom at the end of each day after playing in the snow. Our comfort was her first and foremost concern. Our rooms were clean, cozy and comfortable. Her staff were friendly and went over and beyond making certain our comfort was their first priority. If you ever have the pleasure of staying at The Parkway Inn, have a cup of cider for me, curl up on the couch in her living room (lobby) and allow yourself some time to listen to some of Jackie's stories of her incredible life in the Rockies. I miss mom, er, I mean Jackie already. Out of our many wonderful experiences of Jackson, Wyoming, staying with Jackie at The Parkway Inn was one of our most memorable. Thank you, Jackie, for our home away from home.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family