“Nice location”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Baltimore
“Nice location”
Reviewed September 16, 2009

Walking distance to the restaurants and shops, situated on a small river with ducks on the lawn. Breakfast was good. I guess we did not use the air conditioner so I can't comment on that but we found Wigeon to be a charming room and the staff were very pleasant. I had no problems but the previous reviewer who did not enjoy this inn may want to try the Wildflower Inn next time.

Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Austin
Reviewed September 15, 2009

My wife and I stayed here after several days in Yellowstone and used it as a base for exploring Grand Teton and the Jackson area. We were fortunate to have the room with a balcony overlooking the creek. A great place to sit and enjoy the gourmet breakfast they deliver to the room.

The staff was cordial and helpful. We looked over the other options in town and would gladly stay here again.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Everdon
Reviewed September 12, 2009

We stayed in Widgeon which is the smallest room. We found it to be cramped, the furniture was shabby, the blind over the door was very difficult to open and close, the air conditioner was extremely noisy,the paint and wall paper in the bathroom were peeling. The breakfast was barely adequate and the staff could have been more friendly. We have stayed at Inns on the East Coast and by comparision, the Inn on the Creek is a poor second and very over priced.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
wisconsin
Reviewed July 31, 2009

The small air conditioner is loud and the carpet needs to be updated, but those are the only negatives in the Wigeon room. Our room was small but lovely. The balcony allowed a nice breeze and a wonderful spot for watching the creek. We stayed several nights and enjoyed the very adequate closet to unpack. The service was impeccable. Breakfast was delicious and just the right amount. We enjoyed having the option of being served in our room, at the table, or outside on the patio. We were welcomed back in the afternoon by cookies, lemonade, tea, and snacks. Overall just a wonderful place to get away and relax.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
kent
Reviewed July 11, 2009

We turned up late one evening in Jackson. Spotted the attractive little Inn by the river.

The staff were so helpful, and they did a deal which made our two night stay a bargain. We had the jucuzzi room with fire and candles. Very smart and clean.
We moved to another room on the top floor, and although small, it was really nice and clean and good for our needs.

Breakfast excelent, but the lack of choice, i.e. you have what is being prpared that day, may not appeal to everyone.

Excellent location in the town, only 5 mins stroll to the restaurants/shops.

Would definitely stay here again, but do not think the full price would be value for money.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Lakeway, Texas
Reviewed July 5, 2009

This inn has several nice features but there are some things you should know. First, unike many B&B's, everyone does not eat breakfast together because the dining room is small, seating eight. That limits the interaction with other guests. The dining room is the only public room in the inn. Second, about half of the rooms are accessed through the back of the building which is inconvenient in the dark or rain. Our room (Wigeon) was upstairs accessed through the main door but our friends were in the back upstairs (Mallard). The breakfasts were satisfactory - juice, a hot entree and coffee - although I like it when fresh breads and pastry are also available. The manager and staff are very freindly and helpful and they have a new deck on the side which is a nice place to have wine or to sit after dinner. The back of the inn which is on a small stream is very nice.
While we liked the inn and found the website to be accurate, I might have looked for a more "B&B like" property if I knew what I know now.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
Larchmont,NY-Sausalito,CA
Reviewed June 19, 2009

I thought the Inn was very welcoming, comfortable and first class. I stayed in a room with a deck that overlooked the creek and it was wonderful. I have read the other reviews that found it inconvenient w/o a desk. I would agree but I wasn't there to do business so I just sat on the comfortable side chair and used my laptop on my lap. When I needed to print out and fax a document they were very accommodating in letting me use their computer facilities. The breakfast was excellent and plentiful and you have a choice of having it in your room if you prefer. I got a very fair off-season rate so I don't know how their in-season rates compare. I would definitely recommend it and stay there again.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo