“Fantastic little Gem”

GreenLeadersBronze level
kent
“Fantastic little Gem”
Reviewed July 11, 2009

We turned up late one evening in Jackson. Spotted the attractive little Inn by the river.

The staff were so helpful, and they did a deal which made our two night stay a bargain. We had the jucuzzi room with fire and candles. Very smart and clean.
We moved to another room on the top floor, and although small, it was really nice and clean and good for our needs.

Breakfast excelent, but the lack of choice, i.e. you have what is being prpared that day, may not appeal to everyone.

Excellent location in the town, only 5 mins stroll to the restaurants/shops.

Would definitely stay here again, but do not think the full price would be value for money.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Lakeway, Texas
Reviewed July 5, 2009

This inn has several nice features but there are some things you should know. First, unike many B&B's, everyone does not eat breakfast together because the dining room is small, seating eight. That limits the interaction with other guests. The dining room is the only public room in the inn. Second, about half of the rooms are accessed through the back of the building which is inconvenient in the dark or rain. Our room (Wigeon) was upstairs accessed through the main door but our friends were in the back upstairs (Mallard). The breakfasts were satisfactory - juice, a hot entree and coffee - although I like it when fresh breads and pastry are also available. The manager and staff are very freindly and helpful and they have a new deck on the side which is a nice place to have wine or to sit after dinner. The back of the inn which is on a small stream is very nice.
While we liked the inn and found the website to be accurate, I might have looked for a more "B&B like" property if I knew what I know now.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
Larchmont,NY-Sausalito,CA
Reviewed June 19, 2009

I thought the Inn was very welcoming, comfortable and first class. I stayed in a room with a deck that overlooked the creek and it was wonderful. I have read the other reviews that found it inconvenient w/o a desk. I would agree but I wasn't there to do business so I just sat on the comfortable side chair and used my laptop on my lap. When I needed to print out and fax a document they were very accommodating in letting me use their computer facilities. The breakfast was excellent and plentiful and you have a choice of having it in your room if you prefer. I got a very fair off-season rate so I don't know how their in-season rates compare. I would definitely recommend it and stay there again.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo
Seattle
Reviewed March 6, 2009

I'm torn in my review between a 3/5 and a 4/5. We came here in the winter for a ski trip and wanted something close to Jackson, rather than at the base of the mountain.
Here are the positives: convenient location for walking to downtown Jackson, warm staff, good breakfasts, clean, nice bedding, quiet, nice setting.
Here's what I was disappointed about: I was expecting to soak in the "outdoor Jacuzzi" after a long day on the slopes. Upon arrival I asked where it was, and they said "oh the website is out of date, we removed it this year". Sigh. Plan B would be the private in-room Jacuzzi, but this is just a one person size bathtub with jets. Sigh again. I think this was the Harlequin room facing the rear. Also, the soap dispensers in the shower look like they haven't been used in a long time and should probably just be taken out. The room isn't huge, and yes the desk is small as the others say.
I got a good deal on the price, and I liked it, but I would say that full price would definitely be over-priced.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank snowpeayah
norfolk
Reviewed November 14, 2008

An excellent and comfortable inn. The staff are first class as are the breakfasts!
It falls short of excellent for the poor level of lighting in the room an overabundance of cusions on the bed that serve no other purpose than decorative - each evening we stacked them on the floor. Our room was quite small by US standards and lacked a level space on which to write or use the laptop.
That being said all else was very good indeed. Jackson centre is a short walk away and the airport only 1o mins drive.

Stayed September 2008
1 Thank sisleyNorfolk
Texas
Reviewed October 17, 2008

This is a jewel of a place. We really enjoyed our stay. It was a welcome respite for us after the national parks. If you can, book the downstairs suite. It is fabulous! It is on the Creek, with all the ducks, comfy furniture, wonderful dining room, living room, and terrific tub with jets and candles. Very relaxing and romantic! We even had breakfast in bed. What a treat!
The staff is very accomodating, and if you go off season the suite is more affordable, which makes it even more incredible.
The Inn on the Creek is a gem.

Stayed September 2008
1 Thank TexasOnTheRoadAgain
Norwalk, Connecticut
Reviewed September 29, 2008

After spending 4 nights in Yellowstone, and sort of roughing it, we were pleasantly surprised by this lovely little inn. The staff were exceptional and very welcoming and helpful. Our room was so comfortable, from the down comforter, to the quality sheets, to the luxurious towels. Breakfast was included and was very yummy. The homemade chocolate chip cookies in the afternoon satisfied my sweet tooth. It is a great location...a short walk to downtown. I would highly recommend this lovely inn...and if it weren't so far away I would certainly visit again.

• Liked — Luxurious bedding
  • Disliked — Our particular room was a little small, but we knew that .
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank sisi123