Review Highlights
Wildlife safari

Fantastic half day safari.Jim is an excellent guide with a genuine love of nature.The trip was very... read more

Reviewed February 4, 2019
Weasel6
PASSIONATELY JOYFUL

My safari experience with Jim exceeded my expectations! I love the wilderness and wildlife... read more

Reviewed January 21, 2019
iloveanimalsandbirds
Idaho Falls, Idaho

All reviews guide jim picnic lunch his knowledge mule deer safe distance half day tour loves his job wildlife sightings bison day adventure an excellent guide exceeded our expectations grand teton national park local wildlife guided tour big horn sheep black beans
Reviewed October 15, 2018

We took the 3 day tour of Grand Tetons and Yellowstone and it was perfect in every way! Jim is extremely passionate and knowledgeable about what he does! I'm convinced that we never would have seen everything that we saw if we just went on our own. It absolutely exceeded my expectations and I will definitely call Jim the next time we are in the area.

Date of experience: October 2018
Bear W, General Manager at Bear Witness Safari, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2018

Thank you so much for putting your trust in me! I certainly love Yellowstone and Jackson Hole, Wyoming. Let's plan a spring time Grizzly Bear photographic safari. Thank you again!

Reviewed October 14, 2018

I recently took the 3 day trip with Jim. It was absolutely great and even exceeded my high expectations in every possible way. Jim is a wonderful tour guide and a very detail oriented host. He is passionate about the animals and parks. The coffee and food is delicious and wonderfully presented. The overnight in Silver Gate, Montana was absolutely magical! In addition to showing many of the popular highlights of Yellowstone, Jim has a lifetime of his favorite walks through the woods to share. He patiently waited while I took hundreds of photos and made sure everyone kept a safe distance from the wildlife. A great tour led by a great guy! I highly recommend this experience.

Date of experience: October 2018
Bear W, General Manager at Bear Witness Safari, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2018

Thank you Jenn for allowing me to share my love and passion of Yellowstone with you. Our Grizzly Bear sighting near Yellowstone Lake was the ultimate in wildlife viewing and photography!

Reviewed September 30, 2018 via mobile

My wife and I took a 1/2 day tour of the Teton Mountains the first day of our vacation and a full day tour of Yellowstone with Jim the next day.
What an experience and special treat we had!
He is truly an expert in his field.
Jim’s knowledge, expertise and story telling kept us asking questions and laughing the entire time.
He also showed us some of the many photos he has taken over his years of leading these safari’s and I must say we both felt he should be selling these. I have never seen anything like them except maybe from National Geographic’s animal photos.
We will definitely be using his services again very soon for his two day trip to Yellowstone.

PS: The food he serves on these safaris is “to die for”.

Fred E

Date of experience: October 2018
Bear W, General Manager at Bear Witness Safari, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2018

Thank you for coming with me on our safari. Please come back and join me on a multi-day safari expedition!

Reviewed September 24, 2018

We took a 3 day trip with Jim at Bear Witness through the Tetons and Yellowstone and found Jim to be the ultimate tour guide that expressed his knowledge and love for the parks and the animals. This was our second trip with Jim and we find something new to explore and experience every day. Jim is very helpful and knowledgeable and made our experience first class in every way. We had hot coffee at our door at 5:20 am and a nice breakfast to enjoy while we hit the road early to find wildlife as the sun came up. I look forward to coming back in coming years to take advantage of Jim's experience in the park that enables us to beat the crowds and make the most of our time. Highly recommended!

Date of experience: September 2018
Bear W, General Manager at Bear Witness Safari, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2018

Thank you so much for taking this multi-day safari expedition with me. Please come join me for another trip in the spring.

Reviewed September 15, 2018

From the hot Snake River coffee and breakfast croissant to the sighting of the bugling bull elk at the end of the day, this southern Yellowstone all day trip was spectacular. Jim at Bear Witness Safari did everything he could to make this trip entertaining, informative, and fun the entire day. Jim’s passion for wildlife and nature was infectious. His knowledge in geology also gave an added dimension to the education of rocks, trees, and rivers, and how they interact with each other. A bonus was the specially prepared picnic lunch eaten in a scenic nature setting. Wildlife sightings take precedence on these tours, and we were not disappointed. We saw and documented plenty of animal life in their natural settings. Waterfalls, hot springs, fumaroles and geysers are plentiful in Yellowstone, and we made sufficient stops to view these as well. One of our favorite stops was to view the breath-taking Grand Canyon of Yellowstone. All this being said, we highly recommend Bear Witness Safari when thinking about arranging your next excursion(s) in and around Jackson Hole area.

Date of experience: September 2018
Bear W, General Manager at Bear Witness Safari, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2018

It was a pleasure to share with you my deep love of Yellowstone.