Review Highlights
Wildlife safari

Fantastic half day safari.Jim is an excellent guide with a genuine love of nature.The trip was very... read more

Reviewed February 4, 2019
Weasel6
PASSIONATELY JOYFUL

My safari experience with Jim exceeded my expectations! I love the wilderness and wildlife... read more

Reviewed January 21, 2019
iloveanimalsandbirds
Idaho Falls, Idaho

All reviews guide jim picnic lunch his knowledge mule deer safe distance half day tour loves his job wildlife sightings bison day adventure an excellent guide exceeded our expectations grand teton national park local wildlife guided tour big horn sheep black beans
Reviewed September 30, 2018 via mobile

My wife and I took a 1/2 day tour of the Teton Mountains the first day of our vacation and a full day tour of Yellowstone with Jim the next day.
What an experience and special treat we had!
He is truly an expert in his field.
Jim’s knowledge, expertise and story telling kept us asking questions and laughing the entire time.
He also showed us some of the many photos he has taken over his years of leading these safari’s and I must say we both felt he should be selling these. I have never seen anything like them except maybe from National Geographic’s animal photos.
We will definitely be using his services again very soon for his two day trip to Yellowstone.

PS: The food he serves on these safaris is “to die for”.

Fred E

Date of experience: October 2018
Bear W, General Manager at Bear Witness Safari, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2018

Thank you for coming with me on our safari. Please come back and join me on a multi-day safari expedition!

Reviewed September 24, 2018

We took a 3 day trip with Jim at Bear Witness through the Tetons and Yellowstone and found Jim to be the ultimate tour guide that expressed his knowledge and love for the parks and the animals. This was our second trip with Jim and we find something new to explore and experience every day. Jim is very helpful and knowledgeable and made our experience first class in every way. We had hot coffee at our door at 5:20 am and a nice breakfast to enjoy while we hit the road early to find wildlife as the sun came up. I look forward to coming back in coming years to take advantage of Jim's experience in the park that enables us to beat the crowds and make the most of our time. Highly recommended!

Date of experience: September 2018
Bear W, General Manager at Bear Witness Safari, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2018

Thank you so much for taking this multi-day safari expedition with me. Please come join me for another trip in the spring.

Reviewed September 15, 2018

From the hot Snake River coffee and breakfast croissant to the sighting of the bugling bull elk at the end of the day, this southern Yellowstone all day trip was spectacular. Jim at Bear Witness Safari did everything he could to make this trip entertaining, informative, and fun the entire day. Jim’s passion for wildlife and nature was infectious. His knowledge in geology also gave an added dimension to the education of rocks, trees, and rivers, and how they interact with each other. A bonus was the specially prepared picnic lunch eaten in a scenic nature setting. Wildlife sightings take precedence on these tours, and we were not disappointed. We saw and documented plenty of animal life in their natural settings. Waterfalls, hot springs, fumaroles and geysers are plentiful in Yellowstone, and we made sufficient stops to view these as well. One of our favorite stops was to view the breath-taking Grand Canyon of Yellowstone. All this being said, we highly recommend Bear Witness Safari when thinking about arranging your next excursion(s) in and around Jackson Hole area.

Date of experience: September 2018
Bear W, General Manager at Bear Witness Safari, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2018

It was a pleasure to share with you my deep love of Yellowstone.

Reviewed August 27, 2018

Jim does a great job as tour guide. He is highly knowledgeable about the area and wildlife and clearly loves his job.

Date of experience: August 2018
Bear W, General Manager at Bear Witness Safari, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2018

We had a fabulous day and thank you for joining me.

Reviewed August 25, 2018 via mobile

Jim is a fantastic host. Started early with breakfast sandwiches and coffee in Yeti cups. I was worried about the long day with so much travel with our girls (ages 7 and 9). However, Jim kept all of us engaged with his knowledge of the park, geology, thermal vents, forest age/health and water egress. Yellowstone is just a glorious place and it was made better by a knowledgeable and sensitive guide. We got out of the van and put our hands into the rivers (which the girls absolutely loved), saw wild life and waterfalls. He let the kids use a thermometer to gauge the temperature in the different pools, which also kept them engaged. The lunch was delicious and classy. Even now, our girls talk about the tour and the differences between fir, pine and spruce trees :) Thank you Jim, and five starts from our family!

Date of experience: August 2018
1  Thank DJ_Mirth

Thank you so much for the kind words! It certainly was a pleasure to be your guide in this magnificent place.