“Ultra-Modern Decor with a Varied Menu”

Trio An American Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Trio An American Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 145 Restaurants in Jackson
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Broadway and Pearl St.
Transit: The START bus stops one block from Trio on Pearl Street at the Teton Steak House and the 49'er Inn. The START (Southern Teton Area Rapid Transit) is Jackson Hole's convenient and affordable public transportation. www.startbus.com
Houston, Tx
“Ultra-Modern Decor with a Varied Menu”
Reviewed January 10, 2010

Trio is one of my favorite restaurants in Jackson. The menu is constantly changing and I've never been disappointed with anything I've eaten. Pricing is slightly less than the top priced restaurants making it a very good value. Lots of stainless steel and wood makes this place a little more noisy than I would like, but it's definitely worth it!

Los Angeles, California
“First time but not the last”
Reviewed January 2, 2010

This was our first dinner at Trio and we'll certainly return during future viists. Food was outstanding, whether the home-made blackberry lemonaide that our daughter loved, the BLT soup (Incredible) or the varied entrees we shared and enjoyed (pizza, trout, chicken). Corkage was a reasonable $20, and although we had to wait quite a while for our table to open up, the host offered a comp. appetizer as an apology. We didn't take it but really appreciated the offer.

Chicago, IL
“echo everyone else's reviews”
Reviewed December 30, 2009

The atmosphere, menu (local without forgetting to be contemporary and interesting, too), 'fancy' drinks and service were fantastic. I loved it.
The portions are small. Most will come out ok all told if you enjoy the whole experience of appetizers, entree, dessert or if you are a light eater (or trying to be one).
If you have been active all day though or you are a big guy like my husband (very athletic), this might not be the place for you or plan on ordering more dishes than you would usually (more apps or even two entrees).
My husband left still hungry, but he's not writing the review is he? So, I'm giving Trio 5 stars overall for all the reasons everyone else mentioned. Out of loyalty to my husband, though, just 4 stars for value since no one should go home literally hungry after bread, apps, dinner and a shared dessert.

New Braunfels, TX
“Delicious & reasonable”
Reviewed October 28, 2009

Trio is a cozy, modern bistro. In addition to the regular menu they offer a prix fix menu: appetizer, entree, dessert, and 1 wine or beer for $29. I had the BLT soup (thick tomato soup with small pieces of smokey bacon) & Trout rockefeller. More than I could eat; all served with fresh sourdough bread.
Our server was attentive.
Our only complaint was a large table of women that were really loud, making it difficult for anyone to talk. Because of the close seating, it was very annoying. I wished that mgmt. had spoken to them, making them aware of their disruptive volume, but shame on me, I didn't say anything either.
Would definitely go back, as we ate a few other meals that were overpriced, and mediocre.

Menifee, CA
“Contemporary Cuisine in a Western Town”
Reviewed September 28, 2009

Many of the restaurants in Jackson have a rustic theme. Not so with Trio; it is a contemporary setting with food to match. The might we went it was POURING, and they were still full up...a good sign that the meal validated. We had the soup of the day which was cream of artichoke with parmesan; it was smooth and rich; we scraped up evey last bit. We then shared their pepperoni pizza. It is made with soppressata, not pepperoni, and the crust (from their wood-burning pizza oven) was light and delicious. Their version of Bananas Foster with not only bananas but also brandied cherries was hot, unique and delicious. The meal was just as good as our hotel staff had indicated it would be!