“Yum!”

Trio An American Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Trio An American Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 145 Restaurants in Jackson
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Broadway and Pearl St.
Transit: The START bus stops one block from Trio on Pearl Street at the Teton Steak House and the 49'er Inn. The START (Southern Teton Area Rapid Transit) is Jackson Hole's convenient and affordable public transportation. www.startbus.com
New York City, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Yum!”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Great food and service! The specialty cocktails are AMAZING! I visit Jackson several times a year and Trio is a must do every time!

• Visited December 2012

Gulfport, Mississippi, United States
“Bad service”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I always read reviews and rarely write one, but because of the experience I just had, I feel inclined to comment. I'd like to add that my family is in the restaurant business and I'm very aware of the stressful and demanding nature of owning, operating,and working in the restaurant.

I'm traveling cross country with my two younger brothers and wanted to treat them to a great meal. I spoke to our hotel's front desk and was recommended to try Trio. I looked it up online and the menu looked great so I called and made reservations. We arrived and the place had a very cool decor. It was nice, but not too stuffy, having a comfortable atmosphere.

We were waited on by a guy, named Josh, who immediately gave the impression that he did not want to waste too much time on us. After he filled our glasses with water and brought our drinks, he did not return for at lease 15 to 20 minutes to ask if we had made any decisions. Keep in mind that they were not busy and he passed by our table at least 7 times without making eye contact. I felt as though he saw us as an unprofitable table to wait on. I know this because our family has five restaurants and I am aware of the attitude. After we finally ordered, we were served promptly and the food was good (the mushroom appetizer, burger, and chicken entrees were great, the trout was blow average). We were then given dessert menus, but not asked if we wanted anything before he scurried away to visit with other tables while we waited for him to come back. After another 15 minutes, I finally had to say out loud, as he passsed by our table for the fifth time, "excuse me, will you please bring the check, we've been waiting a while now."

He walked off and stopped again to talk to someone at the bar before going to get our check. I really should not have tipped him but I did 15% hoping to say f-u. Really if he would have showed us the slighteset but of decency he would have gotten 30%. Now as I'm sitting here steaming over the experience, his tip should have reflected the same respect he gave us, none!

I feel like the kitchen has it going on and hate to fault them for the terrible service we received. I'm mainly writing this to send a message to Josh. You need to treat everyone the same because you never know who you are waiting on and what their background may be. I would have loved to stiff you but even more would have loved tip you good for better service. Work on your attitude!

• Visited November 2012
Littleton, Colorado
“TRIO RESTAURANT”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Locally owned, great design and ambience....our waitperson was friendly and attentive, the food was delicious. No waiting on the evening we were there. Prices reasonable for the level of food quality. Had a great time!

Visited October 2012
Fayetteville, Arkansas
“We went twice.”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Excellent food, well presented, varied menu, great service and atmosphere, everything you want in a restaurant. So, on our last night, we decided to return. The butternut squash risotto is phenomenal. The steak was done perfectly. Save room for the "s'more" for dessert!

Visited October 2012
Denver, Colorado
“Superb!”
Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

The food was superbly accented with herbs and spices. We were not rushed and received very nice service even though the restaurant was full.