All reviews three blocks within easy walking distance town square great location no elevator hotel motel grand tetons the national elk refuge no vacancy jackson hole quiet area stores and restaurants comfortable beds microwave and fridge we loved our stay the ground floor per night
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I’ve been coming to Jackson to visit my son and his family for 10 years now. Getting a hotel/motel room at a reasonable price is not easy in-season.

I’ve stayed at the condos out by the mountain, and the drive into town is a drag...20 minutes each way at a minimum. I’ve paid upwards of four Benjamin’s for hotel rooms around the town square as well as at the mountain.

Almost every hotel/motel here is a basic one that you would expect to find anywhere along the interstate, but at three times the price. So what brings me back to the Golden Eagle is the convenient location, as well as very clean rooms which are reached directly from outside. No hallways and other doors to contend with. There is a stairway to the second floor.

Some may describe them as most basic and maybe they are, but they offer two queen size beds, a good-sized refrigerator and microwave, a nice bathroom with the sink outside of the shower and toilet area which is assured privacy by a locked door. There is also a flat screen TV and WiFi.

There is no swimming pool but that doesn’t matter to me, and there is no “free breakfast“, but who would want one with all of the great choices of places to eat in Jackson. I had to make my reservations for this weekend three months ago. The “no vacancy” sign has been on all weekend long.

As you can see it is quite a popular spot. I will be back.

Stayed: September 2018, traveled solo
Reviewed September 4, 2018

Great location just outside the town. Room was clean, and spacious enough for our needs.
After arriving we wanted to walk the 2 blocks to the main part of the town and have some dinner. We had been to Jackson Hole about 15 years ago and had wanted to go the the Cowboy bar for a drink however our son at the time was under 18 and we could not get admission. On this trip we wanted to go this place. We asked the desk clerk about the distance to the place and she said it was very far, and gave us the name of another location for dinner. We also asked if the town had a rodeo scheduled that evening and was told again it was a far distance and she did not know if there was one scheduled. So we walked the 2 blocks and there was the Cowboy bar. We had our drink, then asked the waitress if there was a rodeo and she said yes just a few blocks away After a drink and bite we walked the 6 blocks or so and had a great time at the rodeo.
I mention all this because I think that if the clerk at the inn just told us she didn't I would have been ok with that answer.

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 27, 2018

We stayed at the Golden Eagle Inn for 2 nights. It met all our needs. We stayed in the detached house unit -- 2 large bedrooms, large living room, dining area next to kitchen, 1 bathroom, and a laundry nook. Everything was clean and functioning. Staff was friendly and helpful. Location was very close to town square and shops. It was quiet too. The property is not new and shows some wear, but that was not an issue for us.

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed August 14, 2018

I know Jackson is known for how expensive everything is, but this takes it to another level. It's clearly a budget hotel, and it was pretty clean, but the internet at the hotel was horrible and the place just lacks most amenities like a pool or meals. Thankfully, there are plenty of things to do nearby.

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

Great place. Clean and comfortable rooms. Good parking. Literally a minute walk to restaurants and shopping. Staff is friendly and accommodating. Nice area to sit outside and relax. Would highly recommend and will definitely stay again.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family